Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Lavish

How great is the love the father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God! 1 John 1:3 (NIV)

According to Webster's Dictionary:
lavish - adj. 1.) very generous or liberal in giving or spending, often extravagantly so.
2.) more than enough; very abundant; unstinted.
Talk about a visual word! I can just see tons of water running over a dam, or a huge field of beautiful flowers, or receiving bags and bags of clothing for the kids. I love how God knows me and how much I need to "see" things before I "get" them. Lavish is so opposite of my personality. Maybe that's why I am so drawn to this word. God's word is so full of lavishness.... His love for me, His endless forgiveness for my endless sins, His constant blessings that flow over me continually. Oh, I'm so thankful I serve a Lavish God!! May I strive to be lavish with my love, my encouragement, and my praise.
More verses that represent God's lavish love;
"a good measure, pressed down, shaken together and runneth over...." Luke 6:38
"Quite the contrary - we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit." Romans 5:5

0 comments: