Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, June 28, 2007

Overflow

"because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given to us." Romans 5:5 (KJV)


To shed abroad means to cover everything in it's path for a long distance. Dogs shed their hair and it gets everywhere, on everything. Abroad means far away. So in this context, I imagine God's love is covering ever possible inch of my heart with His love.



"For we know how dearly God loves us because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love." Romans 5:5 (NLT)


Here it says our hearts are filled. When I think of filled, I picture a gas tank where the gas will run out if I don't stop pumping....I picture a cup filled to the brim....a sponge so full of liquid it can't possibly hold one ounce more.



"Quite the contrary - we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit." Romans 5:5 (The Message)


This is the translation that speaks to me the loudest....the visual I'm getting is of an old house with a leaking roof during a rainstorm. You are running around trying to find enough buckets, pots, containers, anything to catch all the rain. I can also see a person from a desert region walking long distances to reach a watering hole and the water pours out and they are trying to use all their containers to get every drop of water.



To pour....this is not a little bit.....not a trickle but a gusher, like Old Faithful, like the ocean waves, like Niagara Falls, it gushes, it pours out.



That's my prayer..... Thank you Father that you love me so much and want to pour into my life. My heart cries out....pour Lord Jesus, Pour!!

0 comments: