Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, June 14, 2007

Stylin' ?

Picture of my son Ryan who is always "stylin' "!

I am definately NOT a fashion plate. I don't even know what the current styles are and even if I did I could not afford to change my wardrobe to fit the latest "trend". Styles change so quickly and continue to circle back around that I figure my clothes will be back "in fashion" again at some point! LOL!

In my study time this morning I came across an old truth that struck my heart anew. I am so excited about it! Especially since I lack in the fashion department. Listen to this....

Now you're dressed in a new wardrobe.
Every item of your new way of life is custom-made by the Creator, with His label on it. All of the old fashions are now obsolete. So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.
Colossians 3:10-14 (The Message)
Did you get that?! I'm wearing top-of-the-line, high fashion, custom made clothes that never go out of style! It's the "God-wear" label. I love every piece and they seem to fit pretty well. The quiet strength is a bit baggy as anyone who knows me would verify that I'm anything but quiet. LOL! The even-tempered clothes are too tight just like the tension/stress that permeates me often. I need to work on taking a deep breath and placing it ALL in God's hands and then RELAX! (So easy to say, harder to put into daily practice!)
And to balance it all out or actually, to be the piece everything else builds on is love. Not the accessories, like the necklace, shoes or purse but the building block, the essential piece....love. Makes you think, doesn't it?! How thankful I am that God looked down and didn't turn away from this "fashion-disaster" but instead gave me new clothes. The highest quality, brand name, expensive clothes, for free! Now I need to walk in this truth~ I am dressed in the wardrobe God picked out for me and He makes much better "style" choices than I ever have!
So....what or who are you stylin' ?

0 comments: