Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Promise...

I'll give you a full life in the emptiest of places - firm muscles, strong bones. You'll be like a well-watered garden, a gurgling spring that never runs dry. You'll use the old rubble of past lives to build anew, rebuild the foundations from out of your past. Isaiah 58:11-12 The Message

Oh how I love these verses! What hope! What truth! God, you have done this for me....
"in the emptiest of places" ~ When we lost our daughter thru miscarriage it was the hardest thing I ever had walked through up until that point in my life. I felt so empty, disappointed, and yes, even angry with you, God.
"firm muscles, strong bones" ~ But that trial did build my spiritual muscles making me search and dig deeper to understand Your character and Your love. My weak and fragile spiritual foundation grew stronger and my roots went deeper into the soil of Your word. I truly believe that devastating loss was the seed that You planted in our hearts that continues to bring forth a rich harvest that we had never imagined!
"You'll use the old rubble...to build anew, rebuild the foundations... You, Faithful God, used the old rubble of pain and brokenness to build our family foundation anew. A foundation now even more beautiful because of 3 precious Korean children and those yet to come!!
"You'll be like a well-watered garden.." Oh how I yearn to be a well-watered garden, flourishing with the beauty of You...but I must admit many times I resemble a garden overgrown with weeds! I am not there yet but Praise God I'm working on it, striving for it, desiring to be that spring of life to all I come in contact with!
"I'll give you a full life..." Yes Lord, I do have a full life - full of love, laughter, Your presence and the richest treasures of all.....my family!

4 comments:

Livin' out loud said...

Indeed great verses!! Thanks for the spiritual renewal!!
Susan

Becky said...

Hi Lisa,
I stopped by to thank you for your comment on my blog. Once I got here, I was so blessed by your post. : ) Thank you for your beautiful thoughts. I also really enjoyed seeing photos of your sweet family. I will be excited for news about your new adoption.

Merry Christmas!
Becky A.

steffany said...

Amen Sister!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
酒店經紀