Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, June 20, 2008

Wild Ride....

Ok, so let me tell you, this was definately an adventure! A God Adventure...the BEST kind!

I have lots to say (I know, you're not surprised!) so I'll just start and post when I can. First, let me say right up front that I have no doubts God chose this wee little one just for us. There were God confirmations all along the way but He showed up and showed off on Wednesday for sure!!

Let me see, where to begin....Tuesday evening I received a call from the agency rep saying she was here in PA and had talked to BM and that BM decided she wanted us to come up Wednesday afternoon sometime after her C-section. Agency rep said she would call first thing in the morning to let us know how things went. We were on pins and needles all morning and Sean paced...a whole lot! Time kept ticking by and no call. I was just getting ready to call around lunchtime when the agency rep, Julie, called us. Thinking this was the moment we've been anxiously waiting for I start asking questions. She quickly stops me and says words that just shocked us to the core. BM never showed up at hospital and they can not locate her. Julie had been everywhere searching for her but had no luck. She said if she didn't hear something very soon she was heading back to Utah and that would be that. Now, we had thought BM might be changing her mind and we were prepared for that but to just not show up broke our hearts. We spent the next several hours praying and seeking God's will, not ours.

God moved and we got a call late afternoon to get in our car and start driving. I won't divulge everything but suffice it to say that nothing is impossible with God!

We went from excitement to despair back to hope and finally to rejoicing! We finally held Nolan in our arms late that evening. We got in our car and drove not knowing anything about Nolan. We didn't know if he was healthy, what he weighed, what we would find...we just drove.

As we were signing the papers I was reading the only medical information we have, his hospital discharge papers. He had a very rough start at life and after sharing my concerns we were put in touch with someone at the main office who broke everything down for me so I could understand what it all meant. He is doing well now. He is absolutely the most gorgeous little guy! He rarely fusses and is so tiny (at least to us). I've never seen diapers this small before. LOL! He was at the doctor today and we have some testing to be done in the next week but I totally believe God can do anything, (as He has proven!) and that Nolan will be just fine.

I ask you to please keep BM and her 3 children in prayer as they grieve and begin to heal. No matter what she did or didn't do, she will always be a hero to me. I can't even begin to imagine the love it takes to make the decision to place the child you have carried. Unselfish love that promises a beautiful future you can't provide. I can't imagine the ache in her heart and her arms. She actually gave birth 13 days ago and brought him home. To carry him and place him at birth is love but to carry him, birth him, take him home and attach to him and then place him is amazing love!!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Lisa!!! I'm so happy for you. He's beautiful.

Brandi said...

Praise the LORD!!!! I'm SO happy for you guys! Congrats!

whoohooooo!!!!!

Brandi

Stepping Out of the Boat said...

OH MY GOODNESS...What a rollercoaster!!!!!

Praise JESUS for your precious boy!!!

Shaken Mama said...

Congratulations, what an adventure, what a cutie!

Salzwedel Family said...

What an amazing story. I will be praying for Nolan's birth mom. She sounds like a truly courageous woman who loved her son enough to let him go.

He is absolutely a precious bundle. Your family looks so happy to have him. I know you will all be blessed.

His Hands His Feet Today said...

YEAH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats friend! :)
Love,
K

Wife to the Rockstar said...

WOOOHOOOO!!! I am SO happy he is home!

steffany said...

Lisa,
Wow. Praise God!!!!!! Is it just me or did this all go very fast from the time God called you to adoption again?

He is gorgeous. I couldn't be happier for you all

crispy said...

I am so thrilled for you and I know that God is just so powerful. Praising Him for this blessing.

And, btw, what a GREAT name.

Congrats on your newest addition.

Cris

Erica said...

Praise the Lord. I had tears reading this. What an awesome God we serve. What an amazing gift from the Lord. Nolan is ADORABLE!

Melinda said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful!!! Happy to hear he is doing well and you are all home safe.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
酒店經紀