Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, July 24, 2008

You have GOT to be kidding...

During quiet time today I was checking my email and Gabriella was outside on the front porch playing. She had just come in to talk to me and suddenly the dog went crazy and I heard that dreaded sound. The rattle of a rattlesnake! Yep, right outside our front door, curled up ready to strike. Well, me and snakes are NOT friends. Frantic, I called Sean at work. He said just let it alone but no, not me. I call my comrade-in-arms....my mom! We hash out a plan. Now let me put a disclaimer here and say that I love God's creation. We teach our children to take care of and respect God's world. However, I will not allow a creature to put my children's lives at risk. A snake is welcome to enjoy our woods but come up to my front door and voila! You WILL meet your doom!

So, back to the story.... we felt like Thelma and Louise, snake rustlers. LOL! Amidst much screaming (that would be me!) the littles and I stood on our deck overlooking the snake and proceeded to throw ice cubes, hot water, rocks and toys at the snake to get it to move so my mom could drive over it. Again, for those animal lovers, I apologize to hurt you here, but after almost an hour long escapade, Mr. or Mrs. Snake is dead. Squooshed beyond recognition on my front porch. You go mom! Woo Hoo!

Since we live on the top of a mountain, surrounded by woods this is part of our reality of choosing to live here. However, we never had any problems with rattlesnakes until after we adopted Kyalynn. Since then, every summer we get to relive the above experience at least once, but usually, several times. Kyalynn the first year and then Connor the second summer have had very close calls with rattlesnakes. One on our front porch again, and another under the back steps. Then today, Gabriella was inches and I mean, inches away from this snake. Praise be to God that He has guardian angels around about our children! Honestly though, this may sound crazy, but we see it as another form of spiritual attack. Of course, old evil one himself would love to stop these redeemed children from knowing God and would do anything to that end. I am so glad I serve a Big God with Big plans for our children. "Greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world!"

Now if we could just get our hearts to beat a regular pattern again.....

5 comments:

Stepping Out of the Boat said...

Oh my goodness...

PRAISE THE LORD for HIS PROTECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine said...

What a story! I would have done the same thing.

monika said...

My neighbor came over to my house and yelled at me over my dog!

I have a dog that I can't keep in my yard. I have tried everything and she always finds a way out. Anyway, this lady comes to my home, knocks on my door and when i open the door she points her finger at me and yells obscenities at me. Apparently my dog was in HER neighbors garbage and then pooped on HER NEIGHBORS LAWN! Why didn't she come and talk to me like a civil human being? Why was she a vicious monster attacking me at my door? I calmly went over to HER NEIGHBORS house where the garbage was and picked up every piece, and the dog poop. I agree that I have that responsibility to clean up after my dog. The one thing I don't agree upon is someone coming to my house and screaming in my face about something I didn't know about. Is anyone out there been blessed with a psyco-neighbor?
I don't think anyone remembers the golden rule...Do unto others as you would want done unto you!
I sent them a lovely card from this site I found...www.URAJerk.com

crispy said...

OK, lets just say my bear story is NOTHING compared to this. WOW!!!

As for snakes, my favorite tool to kill them is the hoe. Just cut their heads off. A trick I learned from my grandmother. And as sick as it may be, she saved the rattles. Ugh.

God is GOOD and I am so glad you are all safe.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
酒店經紀