Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Saturday, August 30, 2008

Movie Night...

For years every Friday/Saturday night would be our family movie nights with the oldest boys. We don't watch TV and this was something we all looked forward to begin our weekend. Then with the boys being teens and gone alot it was just Sean and I until Nolan and then I NEEDED sleep more than a movie fix. LOL! Since Zack and Ryan both have jobs they can afford to go to the theater to see the movies when they first come out. In fact, I believe they've gone to the movies more times this past year than they have their whole lives! LOL! I prefer watching a movie on my own couch, cuddled next to Sean, eating lots of our own popcorn. Sean and I did go to the movies for the first time in years to see the new Indiana Jones movie. It started out good but the ending was a letdown. I think we'll just stay home. LOL!

I love musicals but of course, the guys don't. However, I must give Sean credit here. My mom bought me Hello Dolly several months ago. It sat unopened on the top of the tv until one night Sean said "hey, let's watch this". I said "Sean, it's a musical, you know singing!" He said "we'll try it". So we did. About halfway thru Sean fell asleep and he woke up at the very end when the theme song was fading out. He said "hey, that wasn't too bad". I said "how would you know? You slept thru most of it". He said "Well, what I saw was pretty good". MEN! LOL!

We are pretty particular with what movies we allow in our home and our heads so this means we don't allow any R rated movies (much to the boys chagrin!) We did allow The Passion of the Christ, Blood Diamond, and Hotel Rwanda (all R-rated) because of the importance of them. In addition, we have a TV Guardian that blocks out language and the use of God's name in vain. We love it and it was one of the best investments we ever made.

So, onto the reason for this post. Last night we watched a movie that I didn't think I would enjoy. I hate sci-fi and fantasy movies. This one was about the controversial topic of UFOs. It was really good! It is from Christian producer Rich Christiano. It is called Unidentified and you can check out the website at UnidentifiedTheMovie.com or visit ChristianMovies.com to purchase it. Sean didn't like the ending but I thought it was very thought provoking. They balance it by exploring the various theories and what the bible says.

Just my 2 cents. :)

5 comments:

Debbie B said...

I always wondered if those TV Guardians really worked. Glad to hear it does, I will likely look into one for our house.
Thanks for the movie recommendation.

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing woman! Thank you for sharing your life, wisdom, and experiences. So that we have the oppertunity to grow.I know that you impact my life daily towards Christ. Thank you for your amazing example. Look I am even leaving a comment for the first time. Love forever & always, Sean

Salzwedel Family said...

Sounds like fun - we LOVE musicals! I'll have to check out the Unidentified movie...thanks for the recommendation.

Donna said...

Lisa,
Could you email me your email address? I was going to send you an email, but I don't have your email address...

Here's mine:
mauney28105@carolina.rr.com

Thanks!
Donna (www.mauneyfamily.blogspot.com)

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
酒店經紀