Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mini Makeover...

Since we don't watch TV at home watching it on vacation was a big deal to us. However, it again confirmed we aren't missing much by not having TV except alot of junk!! We mostly watched Disney channel...hey you gotta love Hannah Montana and That's So Raven. LOL! But I did find reruns of Extreme Home Makeover and LOVED it! It was on a couple hours a night and I would sit and bawl my eyes out. I don't know much about the show except what I saw and I don't even know if it's still on but these people have it right.....they are blessed by blessing others. How awesome is that?! I just loved seeing these families instilled with new hope and joy again. One story in particular had my heart. It was the story of this family that had a severly handicapped child and how the mother reached out to other handicapped children in her community to give them an opportunity to play baseball. Amazing woman, amazing family.

So anyways, here we are heading home from vacation and we were all talking about the show and I said wouldn't that be so neat for them to come to our house and just decorate it? Our home is wonderful but I severly lack in the decorating skill and the money that it all entails. LOL! When we pulled into our driveway we were greeted by a scarecrow at our front door with a sign that said Welcome Home! There's no place like home!!! To make a long story short my mom surprised us with a mini makeover in each of our bedrooms!!! Isn't that so GOD?! She had no idea I was watching that show and how it touched me but God did and He touched her heart to do this. So here are some pictures. ...