Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Saturday, February 28, 2009

Are You .....?

A God chaser?
"God chasers have a lot in common. Primarily, they are not interested in camping out on some dusty truth known to everyone. They are after the fresh presence of the Almighty. If you're a God chaser, you won't be happy to simply follow God's tracks. You will follow them until you apprehend His presence. If you are weary with stagnation, overcome with frustration, loving God but loathing how He has been portrayed, then pursue Him until you know Him. God chasers don't want to just study from the moldy pages of what God has done; they're anxious to see what God is doing. All I can say is, I'm a God chaser. Are you one? Do you crave God encounters?"
~From the book Extreme GodChasers by Tommy Tenney~
I bought this book for the older boys to read for school last year and just came across it on the bookshelf. Wow! This book excites my spirit like nothing else has in quite some time. I absolutely love to hear and read about the power of God, how He moves, how He heals miraculously, how He pursues each of us because He loves us so much. I'm reading this book and saying, "Sean listen to this," over and over again. Can I just tell you something? I always had a desire to be a missionary but Sean didn't. I feel like God answered that desire for me by bringing these children from afar into our home, so I am a missionary right here. (Sean likes that, no travelling involved! LOL!) Another desire is to be involved in ministry, to be on the front lines, experiencing the tangible presence of God's power, participating in the miraculous healings, you know, the REALLY BIG things of God. Sometimes I feel so limited here at home. Don't get me wrong, I know God has even answered some of those desires through these children....I am involved in ministry...to them...I am on the front lines....fighting for them....I do experience the presence of God and His power otherwise I wouldn't be able to get through the day! But that fire, that excitement, that supernatural stuff pumps me up and I want to be a part of it. Before the little's came home we were very involved in ministry in our church but now, during this season, we aren't and it's very hard. Sometimes it's hard to see past this season...if this is just a season or is it a place we will be living from here on out?!
In any case, whatever He is doing, I want to be a part of it. I NEED to be a part of it. After all, that's what God chasers do, we crave God encounters.