Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What I've Been Meditating On....

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
1st Corinthians 13:4-7 (The Message)
These verses speak to my heart so deeply....oh my!
There have been many, many times I've wanted to give up.
Too many times than I care to admit I have been self-focused not others focused.
And I know this is going to be hard for you to believe but um....I've been known to "fly off the handle!"
Although I do put up with alot(!) I do ashamedly tell God "ok God, this is it. I can't handle anymore, I don't WANT to put up with anymore."
Am I always looking for the best in these little ones or do I limit them by remembering their past behaviors?!
I am so thankful God is Love and that He doesn't love like me! Boy, we would all surely be in trouble then! LOL!!
You know, I never had a problem with loving when my children were easy to love because they did what I wanted them to do and made my mothering skills look extraordinary! LOL! The true test of love comes when you are faced daily with behaviors that scream "Unlovable" and yet you continue to reach out your hands in love and acceptance (trust me, it's very, very difficult!) But what a practical and vivid picture of me and God. My behaviors scream "Unlovable" yet God continously reaches out to me with intense love and acceptance. How thankful I am He is love!
As I meditate on these truths I continue to pray that He would cleanse me, shape me and refine me into the woman He has created me to be. That I can be known as a wife, mother, and woman who loved well.