Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Sunday, July 19, 2009

Get Real....

Sometimes don't you just want to be a fly on the wall in someone's house just to see what they are really like? Or am I the only one?? Sometimes I wrestle with what to post and what not to post on this blog. I am a person that what you see is what you get. I pride myself on being real, however, I know that sometimes my "realness" might just scare people away so I try to balance the good with the bad. I'll admit that I don't enjoy reading a blog that is sarcastic and negative but then again, when I read some blogs I just scream "can't you just be real sometimes?", because I know their lives are not so hunky dory (is that a word?!) all the time, ya know? I believe it does a disservice to moms whether Christian, homeschooling, adoptive, whatever, to not be real. There are so many families struggling with feelings and emotions they never knew existed, dreams that have been shattered, and hopes that are fading fast like a sunset. They need to know they are not alone and that it's ok to feel these emotions and to deal with the grief of shattered dreams so they can begin the steps towards healing. I know these feelings and emotions well. I know what it's like to imagine your life one way and to realize that it will never look like that. God is good, all the time and although sometimes I yearn for the life I dreamed of I know the plans He has for me/us is good. I continue to walk forward in faith based on my trust of Him. It is NOT easy. In fact, many days are filled with so much drama I believe they should contact us to make a reality TV show. :) I mean, c'mon people, I couldn't make this stuff up. It's real, it's my life, my daily reality and honestly, sometimes I just want to switch channels. LOL!

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my children with all I am. They are my world and just think how bored I'd be without them. LOL!! But sometimes when we show the real us to the world it's much easier for them to relate and to feel vulnerable enough to share their hearts with us. This is when the doors open and we have the awesome priviledge of sharing how God has worked thru our struggles to reveal Himself and His glory. After all, isn't that what it's really about?! Sharing our Savior with a hurting world.

14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.


My life is a series of ups and downs, mountain top-highs and deep valley-lows, as everyone's is. I just choose to be transparent...vulnerable...real....in hopes that others who may be walking the same journey can see they aren't alone and will reach out for a hand that leads them straight to the only One who can give them the hope they so desperately need.

Psalm 146:5 (New International Version)
5 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the LORD his God,
Isaiah 40:31 (New International Version)
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

So, c'mon, whaddya say? Let's get real...for Heaven's sake.