Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I've Been Had....


Let me set the stage....

Yesterday morning I went down to let the chickens out of their coop and to feed and water them. As I opened the door I saw a beautiful white egg in the nesting box. I was ecstatic! The little's had no idea what was going on. LOL! Anyways, I found 3 eggs and we praised these chickens and oohed and aahed over the eggs. We put them in a basket in the fridge to show daddy when he came home. He was excited too because he says "it's about time those chickens earn their keep". LOL! So later that night I remembered I hadn't told Ryan yet. So I went outside and told him and my nephew all about the eggs. He kind of had this smirk on his face but I just thought he couldn't understand why I was so excited about eggs. :) Later my parents came up because I had called and left a message for them about "THE EGGS!" LOL! I told my mom as soon as she walked in the door that I think I was set up. She investigated further by going outside to talk to Ryan about the eggs. He again seemed less than interested and just kept chuckling. I told Sean my suspicions and he gave me all kinds of ideas on how to "set up" the boys. LOL! I asked the boys if they had set me up and they both said with way too much laughing, of course mom. So, I've been had. I must mention here that I so do not do "joking". I have my reasons. My boys can quote the bible verse that I've used for years to back up how wrong joking is. LOL! "Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving". Ephesians 5:4.
I digress.... back to the story. Apparently, Travis, (one of Sean's employees!)gave Zack this great idea and I'm sure they are having a good laugh over it today. :) I should have known because one egg was very odd. It was a mixture of brown and white. I just assumed the poor chicken had a hard time, um, releasing it. LOL! Apparently not. It was because the boys had painted it. Ok, ok, I guess it should have been obvious right away to me but I was just so excited that we had FINALLY gotten eggs I overlooked the odd egg. LOL!
And since we are on this subject last night Sean and I were reliving some of the "jokes" the boys have done over the years. How about when they thought it would be "funny" to put dead cockroaches in the ice cube trays?! Oh yeah, I wasn't laughing! Or how about the time Zack shot a bird with his BB gun and killed it and then "pretended" it was a hurt bird that needed taken care of. Talk about stink! Again, this momma wasn't laughing. Another time....Zack thought it would be fun to draw a mustache on Ryan's face with a PERMANENT BLACK MARKER. It took lots of soap, rubbing alcohol and elbow grease to get that removed! What a knee-slapper, huh?! Ryan was always a party to the joking but it hasn't been until lately he has gotten it down to a science. Oh my! LOL!
So here's hoping that those chickens soon really do lay some eggs and to two boys who add an element of surprise and laughter to my life. LOL!

4 comments:

Tereasa said...

Oh dear, that is so funny! I must admit, our family is *always* playing jokes on each other. You probably wouldn't like it around here. ;)

Wee Ones Mommy said...

Oh yes....boys, no matter what age LOVE the jokes. Mine are always cooking something up. :)

Debbie B said...

Very funny! I'm going to have to remember that verse. I'm not a big joker but my husband is. When he was a teenager he put his mom's pillow in the freezer. In return she unplugged the heater on his water bed. Three days later he mentioned freezing at night and not knowing why. His mom never lets him forget that one.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
酒店經紀