Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mary or Martha?...


It is such a balancing act managing to be mom to many, homeschooling, making our house a home, and making sure Sean is king of our home. More times than not I fail at most of these things but I continue to try and that's better than not. I long to be like Mary, sitting and soaking in Jesus' words but find myself rushing to and fro to accomplish all that needs done in a day instead. My feet hit the floor and I'm going until I fall exhausted into my bed at night and still things, lots of things, are left undone. God has been gently showing me myself and encouraging me to just stop doing and just be. Now honestly, that's easier said than done. LOL!  I think I tend to want to do because I can see something accomplished...you know, when I do the dishes I can see I accomplished something, when the laundry is folded I feel like I accomplished something. When I look at my children and see all the gaps, issues, and delays I easily become overwhelmed and although progress is being made it is teeny, tiny, itty, bitty steps. When I look long-haul it scares me and that's when my "issue" of needing to accomplish something, needing to see that I am "doing" something kicks in full steam.  BUT GOD! He is never content to leave us where we are, which I am so thankful about! God is in the business of transformation and I for one am ready and willing to participate. Now if I could only get the laundry done, the chicken coop cleaned, the cookies made before that....hee,hee, Just kidding!!
This song speaks volumes to me. The video is excellent! I have no idea how to link it from You Tube sorry, but I have copied the words here for you. It is called By Your Side and the band is Tenth Avenue North.
Why are you striving these days?
Why are you trying to earn grace?


Why are you crying?
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away


Why are you looking for love?
Why are you still searching?
As if I'm not enough?
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run?
To where will you run?


I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
Please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


Look at these hands at my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life


Here at my side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
Please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


And I, I love you
And I want you to know
That I, I'll love you
I'll never let you go

I don't want the little's childhood to pass me by as I strive to accomplish things, even very good things.  I already know how fast childhood flies as I watch my oldest standing at the edge of the nest ready to fly on his own. Oh Lord, help me to live a balanced life that includes a little bit of Martha and a whole lot of Mary. Oh and Lord, can you send someone to clean out my chicken coop? LOL!







2 comments:

Tereasa said...

Love it! I really want to let go of control over Bam-Bam's development. It is such a struggle. Thanks for reminding me of what's really important!

By the way, we have made some progress this week. I can't wait to tell you about it. I'm on my way out soon, so I will have to wait. Maybe tonight!

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
酒店經紀