Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, December 30, 2009

This is the hill...



This is the hill that drops straight down,
and crosses our driveway before it continues on.

This is the hill that Connor thought
would be fun to send his sister (Kyalynn) down.

This is the hill, full of trees
that brings a grown man to his knees.

This is the hill that freaks mom out
because it is so DANGEROUS!

This is the hill that Connor used
to give his sister, all alone on the sled,
a gigantic push!

This is the hill that I saw
my precious daughter whizzing down on
as I looked out the front door!

This is the hill that caused my girl
to scream like I've never heard her scream before!!

This is the hill that caused me, the mom,
to fly down the steps and half put my shoes on.

This is the hill that caused me to run
pell-mell down it with my shoes not on.

This is the hill that was filled with screams
my daughters and mine as I feared the worse.

This is the hill that stopped my girl
as she hit a tree and fell off her sled.

This is the hill that heard me yell
like I have never yelled before!

This is the hill that Connor thought
would be fun to send his sister on.

Why Connor? I asked him
when I was calm.

To make her sad
was his unrepentant reply.

This is the hill that has opened my eyes
to how God's protection always provides!

This is the hill that has brought me to my knees
as I thanked Him profusely for protecting my girl
and as I sob on the floor out of frustration for this boy!

This is the hill that has caused me to think
how I can't live one moment without Him!!

Oh Lord, thank you and.....help!