Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, January 4, 2010

A New Thing...

So, after my post about a new perspective God has really wanted to make sure I  got it. He really laid a verse on my heart but it was only the first part of it "look, I'm doing a new thing" and for the life of me I couldn't find it in my Bible. I looked for a day or two and then thought I'll google the reference. Sean was standing beside me when I pulled it up and I explained how God had given me this verse as my verse for the New Year. Then I ran upstairs and grabbed my Bible. I read the whole verse and it just gave me chills.

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland".  Isaiah 43:19 NIV


(This is so significant to me on alot of levels but the last part really feeds my soul. He is making a way in the desert ...we've felt like we've been in a desert with no direction for so long... and the idea of streams flooding the wasteland....oh my! It speaks to me of refreshing, of new life and growth that wasn't possible before the streams came).


Personally, I love The Message Bible and I have taken it upon myself to claim not only that verse but the one before it as well. Basically because I know my tendency to keep thinking on my mistakes, what I should have said or done differently.

"Forget about what's happened;
don't keep going over the old history. 
Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand new.
It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, 
rivers in the badlands."  Isaiah 43:18-19


How awesome is that?! But hang on, the best part is that Sunday was my turn to stay for church and we had a guest speaker. He was filled with the Spirit of God and had a fiery passion for Him. It was AWESOME! His testimony is how God redeems. He took this broken man...heroin addict, robber, nothing to live for....and  redeemed his life in a powerful way! No one would have ever guessed this man's life could ever bring about good but God did! He spoke about a man named Lee that he met that had the same addictions he had but much more severe. He brought this man in off the street and poured compassion and care into him but Lee's addiction was too strong and he overdosed and was dead but then was revived. As this pastor followed the ambulance to the hospital he was praying for God to give him a word and the Lord said "Don't give up on Lee. Fight for him. I'm going to use his life in a powerful way." When he said that I felt God speaking the same thing to me, "Lisa, don't give up on Connor. Fight for him. I've got big plans for his life." Over and over throughout the sermon God spoke to me and I couldn't write it all down fast enough. Then as the sermon was closing, he prayed for all those needing a miracle and just before he was done he said "God wants to do a new thing in your life in 2010. Don't quit on God. He has an amazing plan for every persons life. He will make a way." !!!!!!!!!!!!!




I was undone. Literally. A good undone.


When I came home I was starting to tell Sean all about this speaker and he stops me and says, "Lisa, you're not going to believe this but on the drive home I heard a speaker and he quoted the verse God gave you, Isaiah 43:19 and said how this was the year of new beginnings, a new hope."  Sean was blown away and then when I told him the speaker quoted it as well he said "wow, God's really doing something here."

I'm not sure what God has planned but I am excited to see it unfold. I know God has a plan and a purpose for us walking through these last 4 1/2 very hard years. I believe God will redeem them. I totally believe these last scary events, Kyalynn's dangerous sled ride and Zachary's accident, are darts satan is throwing at us to get us off track, to send us down bunny trails. I'm not going to lie, many days I am seriously tempted to give up on Connor. It's hard. It's uncomfortable. There's no gratification. It HURTS. However, if I/we give up on him we will miss out on being a part of the cheering squad when he ministers to the lost, the hurting. I want to be there when he commits his heart to a woman and we know without a shadow of a doubt that he really, truly loves her, able to bond and attach to her,  because we have loved him and pointed him to the lover of his soul....Jesus. I want to see him being a productive member of society because we were told that would never happen. I can't wait to see what God has in store for this boy. It must be good, real good, because satan is doing his best to prevent him from making headway. But.....you see.....my God is a God who redeems and He has big plans for this boys life. I know....He told me!

6 comments:

crispy said...

Sure love how God works. It is neat to see such encouragement from the Word of God.

Happy New Year my friend.

cris

Tina said...

Totally awesome! Love when God's word pricks my heart!

Tereasa said...

Your words are so encouraging. Thanks for sharing. I cannot wait to see it all unfold! Don't give up!

His Hands His Feet Today said...

I'm telling ya... IT'S A YEAR OF PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
K

Dana said...

Awesome, Lisa!

Beth E. said...

What wonderful encouragement and confirmation from the Lord...Hallelujah!