Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, January 29, 2010

So, Here's the Skinny...

In the last month we have had quite a bit going on around here. Let's see it started with....

We allow our guys that work out of town to drive our vehicle. Well, one morning on the way up the mountain a deer ran out and they hit it. It desecrated the front of our truck and so said vehicle has been dubbed the infamous "mountain taxi". The "mountain taxi" is the one vehicle we keep with chains on it so during the times when our driveway is ice encrusted and snow covered (which is literally alot of the winter!)we can manage to get up to our home and back down to civilization. LOL!

Then just a short while later Zachary was in that head-on collision which totaled his Jeep.

My vehicle is making a very odd popping sound in the front left side and I have no idea what that is about.

Our vacuum decided it ate one too many dustbunnies and died a slow death. I told Sean it was no big deal and we'd be fine for awhile but goodness gracious, I've found out dustbunnies wait for no man (or woman) and if we didn't get a vacuum soon they just might eat our children! LOL!

Then enter the computer story. Within one week (no lie) Sean's computer is spazzing out, mine completely died (nothing but a black screen) and Ryan's computer he got for Christmas 2 years ago is on it's last leg(or megabyte).

Now I don't want you to feel sad for us because I have just one thing to say about all of this......
HALLELUJAH!!

Now track with me here...why am I saying hallelujah? Well because I know that when we are under attack that it's because we are on the brink of a God adventure! The devil will try to throw whatever he can at us to keep our eyes off of what God is doing and to keep us down and discouraged. Trust me, it's worked too many times in my life but not anymore! Something good is right on the horizon and my eyes are looking forward, straining to see what God is doing and excited to be a part of whatever it is.

But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining on toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Phillipians 3:14

3 comments:

NeeCee said...

These are the times that God dazzles us. In fact, the bigger the attack, the bigger the dazzle. :0)

Debbie B said...

A quote I read this week; "Stop telling God how big your storm is - Instead tell your storm how big your GOD is!" Think it applies to your current situation. I've been reminding myself of this very same thing right now. We are under lots of attacks in many areas of our life right now. I can't wait to see the blessings that God has in store for us. And for your family.

Salzwedel Family said...

Oh, I know how that goes! Satan's attacks are SO OBVIOUS...geesh. You have the right attitude. Keep looking up!