Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Sunday, February 28, 2010

I'm Just Saying...

So Sean and I have been discussing some major life changes now for several weeks. Actually, if you want to get right down to it, I've been doing most of the talking and Sean is more the listener. LOL! I guess if you want me to be real honest you could (possibly) say that I've been right on the edge of nagging because we've discussed these issues every which way but loose. :) However, last night I decided (after God umm, clarified to me that He has it all under control!) that I would not bring up these issues again and just wait for Sean to feel ready to venture forth. When you are a person of great passion and vision this is not an easy step! LOL!

I don't know what I was worried about. God's purpose and vision will not be swayed and nobody or nothing will stop what He has ordered! I just like to speed up the process a bit I guess. Well God met Sean today at church through the sermon and can you guess what He spoke to his heart?! Yep! Exactly what we've been discussing and praying about for awhile now. Although Sean has known all along this was God's direction for us he wasn't ready to step into it yet. God encouraged him through the sermon on Joshua:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

The point of this post is two-fold. First, ladies, if you are passionate about something God has laid on your heart pray about it alone and pray for confirmation and clarity. Then when God gives you the okay share it with your husband and then pray about it together seeking unity and only God's will in the situation. If there is still hesitation on your husbands' part continue to cover him in prayer and then wait on the Lord to speak His truth to him in His time. 

Second, can I ask you what has God asked of you lately? Has He called you to something or somewhere or someone that makes you terrified? Are you afraid of being uncomfortable? Are you gripping too tightly to your things to let go and let God take you where He wants you? Maybe you don't want to give more of your time, energy or effort and so you keep blocking out His voice. Do you know that He will NEVER leave you or forsake you? Do you know that whatever He calls you to He will bring unto completion? Do you know that God doesn't call the equipped, He equips those He calls! I beg of you to stop and listen. Do you hear His voice or have you ignored it so much that you can't even hear Him anymore? He is speaking but you have to be willing to listen! People, if you profess to be a follower of Jesus Christ it requires action! You CAN NOT just sit back and watch! There are too many comfortable Christians. Too many! When we get to the end of our lives all that will matter is how many people we've impacted because of Christ. That's the legacy we leave behind. What is God calling you to? Be strong and courageous! He promises to be with us. I don't know about you but that makes me very happy because I'm a directionally challenged individual and I NEED someone showing me the right way to go! 
I only have two more questions to ask you.....

Are you tired of being comfortable? 
Are you willing to follow Christ and do whatever He asks of you? 

I pray so!!

4 comments:

Beth E. said...

I have always been someone who likes to be 'fix' situations. My biggest challenge is to take my hands OFF of situations, allowing God to move according to His will and His timing.

Thanking God for the revelation he gave your husband.

Blessings,
Beth

steffany said...

Aw...I love this. Love you!
Thanks for being apart of my life.
oh..I finally excepted the sunshine award. Thanks!

Debbie B said...

I learned that lesson when I was ready to move on to adoption. I pestered and nagged and finally let it go and prayed. Within a month or two he was ready. That's a lesson that I often forget when I let stress and worry take over.

God's calling me back to Him. But I've been too afraid, until now, I learned the reason why I'm afraid so now I need to step out, heal and go home. Then I can't wait to see what He calls me and our family to next.

Wife to the Rockstar said...

Love this post. I too need to keep my mouth closed and wait on God...