Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Same Kind of Different As Me...

I've had this book for awhile now but just picked it up to read a couple days ago. I wasn't sure at first but by the middle I was hooked! The story is about how a homeless man from Red River Parish in Louisiana and a rich art dealer meet up and become friends. It's all about reaching out and making a difference in someone's life. The ripple effect is farther reaching than we can even imagine! Denver, the homeless man, has so much wisdom and faith. I just loved what he had to say and his humbleness and willingness to serve others. Here is a nugget of gold from the book: 
 "There's something I learned when I was homeless: Our limitation is God's opportunity. When you get all the way to the end of your rope and there ain't nothing you can do, that's when God takes over. " 

Can I get an Amen?! I'm sure we all have stories that would testify to that truth and ain't we glad that He doesn't leave us hanging?! If you are in a difficult place right now I dare you to un-knot your rope and let go and Let God. He is faithful! 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love this...and just what I needed to hear!

Debbie B said...

Real need this right now. Thanks for sharing.
I have this book too but haven't gotten too far into it. I'll have to pick it up again. I've heard great things about it. They wrote a second one too.

Wife to the Rockstar said...

I have always wanted to read it!