Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Sunday, February 7, 2010

Where Have I Been?....

Well for one thing my computer is dead but hopefully sometime this week I will be back up and running. I am currently using Sean's work laptop and it doesn't like me very much. LOL! It fights with me alot and after a full day the last thing I want to do is fight with an inanimate object. :)
However, life here has been busier than usual. Let me explain....

Zachary found a Jeep to buy and had planned to pick it up last weekend but then a snowstorm came through and we decided it best not to travel that far in the weather. We planned to go this weekend instead. Well, Zachary came home from work Monday night and said that the guy who owned the Jeep called him and said there was another big snowstorm coming starting on Friday. Zack decided he would just go down the next day(Tuesday) and pick it up. I said "sure, I'm up for a roadtrip!" Sean rearranged some prescheduled work things and we were off at 6 am (groan!). We made great time (Sean was driving. LOL!) and were able to be there a little before lunch. The Jeep was everything Zack was hoping for and he drove off with a HUGE grin on his face and a new friend. We were back on the road and heading home when we ran into a SNOWSTORM! Just what we hoped to avoid. LOL! It was slow going and we didn't get home until almost 10PM. Connor said he doesn't want to go on another "roadtrip" for awhile. LOL! We actually were in 4 states, twice, that day!!

Then Wednesday I was hit big time with some stomach virus. It's been a long time since I was that sick. I did manage to accomplish school, chore time and supper but in between you could find me in a fetal position because of the pain. UGH! Just as I was looking forward to Sean being home from work so I could rest a bit Ryan comes into the house bleeding. Oh and if you know Ryan, he doesn't ever do anything just a little bit! LOL! He was bleeding all over my bathroom sink, the floor, the step stool. He and Connor were outside playing Air-soft and Ryan slid down the hill behind our shed and sliced open his hand. Everything is covered with snow and apparently as he slid he hit a piece of shale (which is incredibly sharp!) and voila...a new crisis to deal with. :) Did I mention that I was snowbound here at home?! Um, yep. Our driveway was covered in new snow and actually, Sean had driven my vehicle to work because the rest were snowed in. So....here I am sick...with a bleeding son and no vehicle! I call Sean and he comes home and gets in the "mountain taxi" to get up our driveway and take Ryan to the hospital where they put in 4 stitches. Whew! :)

Friday was interesting as well. I received a call early in the day that raised my blood pressure by several points I am sure and brought on an intense headache. There was a big snowstorm coming and we needed groceries so off Connor and I headed to the store. Two grocery carts later we head to the vehicle through the already falling snow. We were blessed with even more snow and it will be days if not weeks until our driveway is melted enough to drive up at this point. Ah, you gotta love winter! LOL!

Yesterday and today I was battling stomach issues again and spent most of the day in bed. Sean, my Knight in Shining Armor, not only took care of me and the kids but also snowblowed our driveway (which is a feat in and of itself!) and made meals for everyone. The big boys helped as well and they were all exhausted last night! But it was wonderful to have them home with us for the night. Often our home is filled with friends and it's very rare to just have us and the boys together for a whole evening together. We played Wii together and then watched a movie. It was a high point in my weekend. :)

So, that's where I've been. LOL! I promise to answer your GF/CF questions in my next post and give recipes too. Oh and pictures....I NEED to post some pictures (LOL!) and Sean's computer won't let me. So friends, until next post...stay warm and love life, no matter how crazy!! :)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you have been through the wringer! Hope the week ahead is much brighter.

NeeCee said...

Praying that this coming up week is MUCH calmer!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tereasa said...

Umm... looks like you've been spammed! You might want to delete the previous comment. LOL

I'm glad your weekend ended well. The rest sounds pretty exciting. LOL. No worries, we'll be here when you're ready!

Beth E. said...

Bless your heart....and every other part! Sorry you've been sick...I hope you're feeling much better now.

We've had lots of snow here, too. I'm soooo ready for Spring!

Your family life sounds like mine...never a dull moment! I hope things get back to normal really soon.

Beth E. said...

Regarding your comment on my blog:

What a great idea. Please keep praying....they've just received some devastating news. Per Westin's grandparents, the doctors have just told them that the cancer is around the aorta. Continue to check the website, as I'm sure Julie will update. Thank you so much for your prayers!