Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, March 15, 2010

The Map ~ The Way of All Great Men by David Murrow...


Recently I signed up with Book Sneeze as part of their book reviewer bloggers program. Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of the above book to read and share my opinions about on my blog. How cool is that?!  

Upon reading the summary of the book listed on their webpage I knew this was the one I wanted to review. I have never heard of David Murrow nor of his previous bestseller "Why Men Hate Going To Church". To be honest, this book was written for men so why was I anxious to read it? Because through the years I have read countless books on how men think, behave, interact and become so I could have a working knowledge on how to train and guide our sons in a way they could relate to and understand. We often would spend time each school day reading aloud and discussing sections from these books. So this book caught my eye and I am so glad it did!
 This book is divided into three sections: 
Part One: The Discovery, Part Two: The Three Journeys and finally, The Epilogue: The Call. 
As soon as I began reading I was riveted. It begins as a mystery and then backtracks to unravel all the pieces.  The story reads as any good mystery novel should but with the added bonus of deciphering the parables or lessons of Jesus. Part Two then goes into much further detail on explaining the Journeys. The author includes hand drawn map illustrations which helped me to visualize exactly what was meant in the parables. The book, although decidedly written for men, has much wisdom that women can gleam from as well. The author compares our faith walk as a mountaineer scaling a mountain. There is a map to follow which will allow us to climb towards the summit but it is not easy or without much danger. We are all on a journey of faith and the Trail Markers offer sound biblical advice and guidance for both sexes. The Danger Points remind us to keep our eyes on the trail and to stay alert and aware to those things that could lead us astray and cause us to lose our footing. 
I will most certainly be handing this book on to my husband and sons to read and ponder. The storyline will hold your attention as truths are imparted into your soul. You can visit the authors website here and here
You can purchase this book and read more reviews here.