Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Somewhere Over The Rainbow......

Sean and I flew to Kansas on Thursday to meet our newest blessing, Samuel Tobias. Oh my!! People let me tell you, good things come from Kansas, good things!! When we study the states in school we name the states and what they are known for. Kansas is known for sunflowers which just happen to be my favorite flower. Today, while going over the states the kids said "Kansas is for sunflowers and Samuel!" It was so cute! Our little man is truly that...little! He weighed in at 5lbs 5.6 oz at birth and he is super tiny. All my babies were BIG...Zachary weighed in at 9 lbs. 5 oz and had to wear 3 month clothing right away. Little Sam can fit in premie clothing and even those are big! LOL!
He is just a sweet, precious little gem. We are all in love, big time!! LOL!
Here are our first pics of him....
















We made a crib for him out of a drawer while in the hotel. However, what a laugh because he spent most of the night in my arms. He wasn't content unless he was touching me so we sat up most of the night bonding together. It was a sweet time. The next morning Sean took over and at one point Samuel was crying and I was in the bed and just spoke his name and he stopped crying and turned his head to search for my voice. Sean was amazed he knew my voice already but I wasn't. After all, I had spent most of the night talking to him, singing to him and praying over him. He knew his momma!!








Samuel's story is a testimony of God's power to move mountains. Seriously! All of our adoptions were God led and God ordained but this one we saw God's hand just moving mightily on our behalf. It was awesome to behold. This adoption took 12 days from start to finish! All God....all God.  At church on Sunday we sang the below song and tears just flowed. 


8 comments:

His Hands His Feet Today said...

Aw! He's precious!!! and that's one of my favorite songs :) Can't wait to hear his testimony!

Wee Ones Mommy said...

OOOOHHHH! So cute, sweet and precious. Congratulations. He is perfect.

Elisabeth- Truly Blessed said...

Oh, Lisa! God is SO good! What a beautiful angel you have the honor to raise in HIS name. He is such a teeny tiny peanut, isn't he? I wish we lived closer so I could see your sweet one in person. Is there anything I can do for you?
CONGRATULATIONS!! What a blessing your family is.
Amazed by HIS grace,
E

NeeCee said...

I am so excited for you! God is so good and your newest blessing looks adorable!

Donna said...

I agree. GREAT things come from Kansas!! So happy for you!! Samuel is adorable!!

Beth E. said...

What a cutie! I'm so happy for you!

Samuel: God heard :-)

crispy said...

Oh my goodness. Such a blessing. I feel like I have missed out on so much. Congrats on your new little one.

Cris

Wife to the Rockstar said...

Oh MY WORD. Lisa. How did I miss this???????? He is BEYOND precious. I was just getting ready to send you back our order for your adoption fundraising! Did you still want me to? Can I just donate instead???

I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open. PRAISE be to God!