Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Old Rugged Cross...


Sean and the guys are between jobs right now and so Zachary has been helping me with odd jobs here around the house. It has been a HUGE blessing to me!  Leaves I never finished raking are finally removed, a campfire pit has been built, a shed sorted and organized (Hallelujah!) and best of all, my Old Rugged Cross is erected! Isn't it terrific?! I've been wanting to build one since watching the Fireproof movie. Zack situated it so I can see it when I look out the window over my kitchen sink. :)
He outdid himself on it. He really roughed up the wood and even burnt it to give it that ruggedness I love. There are nail marks in it too. As Zachary carried the cross to set it up Kyalynn kept saying, "look, it's Jesus the Christ, yes it is". LOL! The kids love visiting the cross and this morning Connor was excited to tell me that he was praying at the cross and talking with Jesus. So glad.

The Old Rugged Cross Hymn

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.
Refrain
So I’ll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown.
O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.
Refrain
In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For ’twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.
Refrain
To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He’ll call me some day to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I’ll share.
Refrain

15 comments:

Tonya @ Live the Adventure said...

Love the cross and all it symbolizes! What a great reminder of God's unfailing love. Wow!:)

His Hands His Feet Today said...

Love it! Send one my way! LOL!

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

LOVE IT!!!! Living at camp- we have various crosses around camp.....

Love seeing the physical reminder of what Christ did!

Dana said...

thats just awesome. seriously. awesome.

i want one!!

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Oh, it's just beautiful!!! And what a precious thing to watch your children praying at the foot of that cross. (I love the pic of your little guy standing next to it in his superhero wear!)

Thanks for sharing.

Kathie

Beth E. said...

You see that outside your window every day? Wow...I want one, too!

The Old Rugged Cross is a favorite hymn of mine. Zachary could start his own business and make them for us. ;-)

Beth in NC said...

What a great idea!

I wonder if you'll decorate it at Easter with a purple cloth and a white cloth. :o)

My husband has wanted to build a huge cross to place behind our pond and light up at Easter for all to see. We have a LOT of Hindu people living near us.

Blessings! Thanks for popping by my blog!

Beth

Christie said...

Lisa,

Ran into your blog from one of the others I follow. I look forward to following you from here and getting to know your family!

In Christ,
Christie
http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀
酒店經紀

Anonymous said...

I read and feel at home. Thanks the creators for a good resource..!

Anonymous said...

A round of applause for your article post. Really thank you!

Anonymous said...

A round of applause for your article post. Really thank you!

Anonymous said...

I envy you. The content and design of your blog is much better than mine. Who made a design for you?!…

Anonymous said...

Right from this article begin to read this blog. Plus a subscriber:D

Cole said...

Love it! Send one my way! LOL!