Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, July 15, 2010

Breakthroughs = FREEDOM!!

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion--
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of HIS splendor. 
They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.

Instead of their shame my people will receive a double portion,
and instead of disgrace they will rejoice in their inheritance;
and so they will inherit a double portion in their land, and everlasting joy will be theirs.

Isaiah 61: 1-4, 7 (NLT)


There is much breakthrough happening around here, praise GOD! In my own life I am finally realizing my value and worth as a daughter of the KING and just how very much He loves me! Such a freeing feeling on so many, many levels. As God continues to slough off the dead "life" I've covered myself with He is showing me how this journey is very similar to our little's journey to healing. I will never know the trauma and pain they lived through before they reached our arms but I do know it's left behind residue that obstructs their ability to attach and trust as they were created to do. This process has been time consuming and painful for all of us involved, but so, so necessary!! 

As I was thinking about the word breakthrough God led me to the above scripture passage. He reminded me yet again of His calling on my life and the part I am to play in this journey of healing for the little's. I truly believe part of the job description of being an adoptive parent is to 

rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.

In most cases, not all, but most, the child being adopted has a family line of devastation (abuse of any kind, rape, infidelity...) and ruin (drugs, alcohol, prostitution, premarital sex...) that can be traced back for generations. As adoptive parents we are to be a part of the rebuilding and renewing process with Christ leading the way. Generational curses are real and strong. Combating them takes persistence, belief, and the power of God. It is not for the weak of heart! 

However and this is my favorite part, look what God promises....

They will be called oaks of righteousness,
 a planting of the Lord for the display of HIS splendor. 

Oak Tree - oak-trees.jpg (148 kb)

Since our family works with wood I can attest that oak trees, a type of  hardwood, is used when strength and beauty are required. Another thing about them is they are found pretty much everywhere. In fact, it would be hard to find another tree that has a wider spread geographically as the oak tree. So how exciting is that that God would promise our children the ability to be oaks of righteousness?! Strong, beautiful, far reaching...all for HIS glory. 

The oak tree doesn't start off like this. It starts small, very small. It's hard to believe these little babies contain the potential of that huge tree!!!!!!            So God!

Just like our kids...the steps are seemingly small and insignificant but the potential is HUGE! As each step is taken much of the lies, fears and heartaches are uncovered and then in the light are able to be dealt with bringing with it a new level of freedom and healing. Hallelujah for breakthroughs! Hallelujah for healings! Hallelujah for FREEDOM!!!

These precious children are promised by God...a double portion, everlasting joy (oh how I LOVE that one!), and rejoicing in this inheritance as a new creation, God's child and a member of our family, chosen and loved!

In my mind I can see a child....dirty with hopeless eyes, the crust of their past heavy on them, a raggedy sack as clothes. Everything is dull and brown, them, the environment, their future. BUT GOD!! He steps in and orchestrates a beautiful symphony between this orphan and a family in another area. The change is not immediate but over the years you can see the progression. That same child no longer looks the same, acts the same, is the same. He/she is now clean, their clothes whole and colorful, their eyes have a sparkle of hope, their past is still there but they now have burden sharers...their adoptive parents...who are helping them to walk through to the other side. Their environment and especially their future is filled with the vibrant colors of love and hope. That little acorn is growing and changing season by season and one day when you look back and see it fully developed you will be amazed at what God had planned all along!!! Hallelujah!!







4 comments:

Beth E. said...

Oaks of righteousness...I like that! :-)

Are These Kids All Yours? said...

AMEN- claim that over our children! God is God and is and will heal all the brokeness!!!!!! Praising Him for the breakthroughs with you because I understand how much it means!!!!!! YEAH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina said...

I loved your description. You have a gift of writing...one of your many! Love you new layout on your blog....it's been awhile since I was able to visit. The children look wonderful, as do their parents. Prayers always. God is SOOOO good my fellow sister to the King!

His Hands His Feet Today said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL post!!!!