Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, July 22, 2010

Homeschooling...


Ah, what a perfect picture of what homeschooling looks like around here.....NOT!! LOL! Zachary snapped this photo and it does look peaceful and organized but let me tell you, right before this Nolan was running through the  room being a firetruck, baby Samuel was screaming his discontent at being on the floor out of momma's arms (how dare I?! LOL!) Kyalynn was singing while I was trying to teach (Kyalynn is ALWAYS singing!) and Connor and Gabriella were fighting over who got to sit in the pink Dora chair.  ACK!! :)

Homeschooling the little's has definitely made me humble. It is so incredibly different than homeschooling Zach and Ryan. Not that it's bad...just different. I am still trying to find a good fit for them and myself. I've tried several different ways of doing things but because of the wide area of levels and abilities nothing has clicked...yet! I just recently came across a blog momma whose ideas have caused creative juices to stir inside me and I've been busy planning, preparing and praying. Can't forget prayer. That's the most important part!!

"All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children's peace". Isaiah 54:13

We actually started back to school beginning of July but I'm tweaking as I go. The point is that just because the picture looks serene doesn't mean it is and that what works for one family might not work for another. God called each of us to parent our particular children and He will strengthen us, guide us and equip us for the  task! 

I've had several ask me about homeschooling and the nuts and bolts of it. So, I'm going to post on the Homeschooling Link above the resources, links and webpages that could be beneficial in your researching and planning your own homeschooling. 

I hope this helps and if you have any questions or want to bounce ideas off of me I'd be happy to help!
Happy Homeschooling!!



8 comments:

Debbie B said...

Great post. I always wonder how it's done with multiple kids. We want to home school and right now with just our active Isabel I know I could handle it. It's when we add more that I get a little bit concerned. I just had a friend admit that she color codes her kids (7) things. Their notebooks, folders etc all one color for one kid. Thought that sounded great.

My biggest concern/question is one Dave and I were actually just talking about. How do I (with just a high school degree myself) get our kids through high school? I told Dave that there are websites and home school co-ops that will help when the time comes. Any other tips.

Going to check out your link. Thanks!

Sean and Lisa said...

Debbie,
I color code my little ones too! It makes it soooo much easier. :)

As far as only having a high school degree, I too only have a high school degree but there are plenty of co-ops, courses, and resources that can help your child succeed even in areas you weren't great in. Don't even let that worry you. :)

NeeCee said...

Homeschooling is rarely easy, but always an adventure. :0)

Beth E. said...

You go, girlfriend! We have several families in our church who homeschool. They - and you - are a blessing and an inspiration to us all!

Tereasa said...

Yeah sure, I know how it really is. Your kids are perfect little angels. You don't have to try to make us feel better. LOL.

Scheduling and flexibility. It's almost an oxymoron, but it's the only thing that works for me!

Sorry I haven't called yet. It is so hard to find a quiet moment to call when living in a one bedroom house with four other people!

Melissa said...

Just out of curiousity and you don't have to elaborate but why is it so different in homeschooling this "set"?
It just amazes me that people can do this. I am still thinking about it.
Peaceful wishes!
Melissa

Melissa said...

Just out of curiousity and you don't have to elaborate but why is it so different in homeschooling this "set"?
It just amazes me that people can do this. I am still thinking about it.
Peaceful wishes!
Melissa

Sean and Lisa said...

Hey Melissa so glad you are still thinking about homeschooling your precious ones.

This "set" is harder because they all have a wide variety of special needs ranging from deafness, autism, ADHD, Central Auditory Processing Disorder, Reactive Attachment Disorder, Hypoparathyroidism, ADD, etc.

So what worked for my first boys isn't cutting the mustard with these ones. LOL!