Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Saturday, August 28, 2010

Funtabulous Friday....

Around here, Fridays are meant for FUN! After a full week of hard work homeschooling and doing life, Friday is an educational fun day, a catch your breath day, a "now I remember why I'm doing this" kind of day! LOL!
So far this year, our Fridays have contained a trip to the zoo, a trip to the local farm, a trip to the pet store, a trip to the park with a picnic, and our latest....a trip to the lake to try kayaking! I am SO happy Ryan is finished working for the summer because that means the opportunity to do these kinds of things becomes infinitely easier for me! He was game and hooked us up by loading the kayak and all necessary supplies while answering Connor's kazillion questions. LOL! Then he took the kids out with him one at a time in the kayak while trying to teach them what to do and what not to do. I about peed my pants (sorry!) when he and Gabriella almost tipped over (several times!) His face was priceless! No pics as I was too busy laughing. :) Anyhow, he was so patient with them and took them all out several times and then I had the brilliant idea of tying a rope to the end and allowing them to try it by themselves. Don't worry, they were kept very close to shore where the water was less than 2 feet deep. :) They were all game and LOVED it! They were so excited and proud of themselves and I must say this momma was bursting with some major excitement too to see my little Kyalynn soaking in every moment on the water. In fact, she cried when she had to get out of the boat. The movement of the water helps her sensory issues so much! Then to see little Gabriella, afraid of everything willing to give it a try and actually excited to do it all by herself. HUGE! HUGE! HUGE! Connor was so funny. When he was pushed out (while we were holding the rope) he kept looking back at us and kept saying "don't let go of the rope"! Mr. I-don't-need-you had a moment there when he realized by golly I guess I really do need you. HA! It was good for him and for me to see. After he realized that we would hold the rope he took to paddling like ducks on water. He did really, really well!  Nolan, so, so cute, helped carry the paddle like a big boy and liked being with Ryan but wasn't too thrilled about doing it on his own. And Samuel....well he took it all in from his papoose, lovingly held in momma's arms. Someday he'll get his turn too but this momma isn't rushing him to grow up. It happens too quick!

I know Ryan is an awesome brother but yesterday proved it again! He said he really enjoyed himself and then surprised us by buying us all lunch. He was definitely a hero here!!

Here's the pics of our fun....








  
 

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

LOVE It! We do something similar...except sometimes ours is Mondays because we work a lot of weekends. Kayaking- sounds wonderful!

Beth E. said...

What a wonderful adventure! Your pics are all great, but my fave is of Ryan with his arm around Conner in the kayak. I love the grin on Conner's face!

This post brought a big smile to my face. :-)