Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It Starts...

Zachary just came home with a surprise. However, this surprise is never welcome around here. He held a 2 1/2 foot rattlesnake on a stick! YUCK! Apparently the snake was trying to soak up the heat from the driveway. Zack saw him as he drove home and had my dad shoot to kill. ARGH! Just another visual reminder of how hyper-vigilant I must be around here with the little's. Kyalynn loves to go into the woods and pick wild berries which scares the willies out of me but Ms. No-Fear doesn't listen and goes into the woods multiple times a day. We saved the dead rattlesnake to show the little's tomorrow hopefully to scare some sense into them and to remind them of why mommy says NO! over and over and over again each day to playing in the "fun" woods. :(

4 comments:

Acceptance with Joy said...

You probably know this, but just in case.... if you have hornets or wasps around bury the rattlesnake head right away. The hornets can eat off the rattler then sting one of the kids and it's pure poison... (or so I am told!)

Eve said...

This story is enough to scare ME! I get so frightened thinking of lions and tigers attacking me in the woods, snakes were the leaste of my fears, until now :D

NeeCee said...

Remember I said one of these days you were going to look out your window and see a fat lady walking about your land with the deer.....well, forget that now. ;0)

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Oh no!!!!! I just about passed out when I saw a harmless rat snake on my driveway. I can't imagine seeing a rattlesnake. Praise God for His protection of your children and a providential warning to be careful on their walks in the woods!

Much Love,
Kathie