Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, August 2, 2010

Much Needed Time Away...

Last week was a blur. It was an incredibly hard week with our son. One I'm sure we won't soon forget...sigh...
My sweet mom had a front row seat one evening as she stopped in to visit and found Connor and I in the middle of a long, long ordeal. Sean wasn't home so she stayed to help mediate. Thanks mom! Anyways, later when we talked she was scratching her head right along with me trying to figure out how to help this boy. Then she offered a surprising sweet gift to Sean and I. She offered to keep all our little ones overnight and allow Sean and I much needed time away together. It didn't take long for us to say YES!! LOL!

Sean and I had supper at a sit down restaurant!! So awesome! :) Then we hit up a local hotel and enjoyed talking into the wee hours of the morning....uninterrupted. Woo Hoo! We slept in late and ate a leisurely breakfast and watched the Neeley's on the Food Network. Then we ran errands, ate a picnic lunch and headed home refreshed and re-energized to continue this epic journey. :)

The great news is my mom survived and they all enjoyed themselves. Although it was wonderful to get away I will admit my arms felt empty and my legs too (that's where Gabriella normally hangs. LOL!) Seeing those beautiful faces running towards me when we came home makes it all....even last week...worth it!!!

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

So glad you had a chance to get away for a little break...hope this week is much smoother!

His Hands His Feet Today said...

What a BLESSING!!!!

Dawn - "Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Blessed time away- makes it sooo much better!!!! glad you had that time.

Debbie B said...

What a truly wonderful gift. Sounds very refreshing.

Sandy said...

I am so glad you had the time away to enjoy each other. What a blessing your mother was and those little ones running up to you had to be such a special momment.