Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, August 23, 2010

Seasons...




I love Mandisa! Every time this song comes on the radio Kyalynn comes running and will sing it at the top of her voice...perfectly! :)

It speaks of the different seasons of our lives and how through it all God is with us. I don't know about you but that helps me to carry on each and every day. I need HIM! As my days fly by in a flurry and my "to do" list gets longer by the day I have to stop, take a breath and remind myself that this crazy season will pass. My 5 little's will grow up and not need me to kiss their boo-boos, help them find their toys, or referee another fight.

I got to tell ya some days it feels like that's years and years away! :) But I know differently. I'm watching my oldest son poised to fly out of the nest when it seems like just yesterday he was poised on my hip. :(

Today was spent homeschooling amidst Nolan's rendition of Noah's ark as he marched the animals over the school desks and distracted the others with his songs and stories. I'm laughing now, I wasn't then. :)

I had applesauce, bread, and cookies to make for the little's (with no wheat or dairy) but after trying unsuccessfully to lay Samuel down to play or sleep I ended up putting him in the sling so I could have 2 hands.  It went well until he grabbed the bowl of batter..thank God for quick reflexes! LOL!

Ryan took a picture of me "so I can remember these days when they are gone because these are the best days" as he so gently reminded me. What a gift he is to me!

My stress meter was high and I was anxious for bedtime so I could have a few minutes of peace. Now as I sit here typing with Samuel asleep in my arms I look into his peaceful, beautiful face and I breathe him in. As I do, I breathe out a prayer asking for forgiveness for forgetting to savor each and every precious moment with my children. And then I thank Him again that He is here and that His mercies are new every morning. May tomorrow be filled with awareness that each moment, each day is a gift and this season will pass, all to quickly. As I look into my little ones eyes may I remember how blessed, how truly blessed, I am.

4 comments:

No Greater Gift Mom said...

Amen. Thank you for the reminder. I need to just stop many days and remember that all too soon these moments will only be photographs in my head. My children will not need me as they do now and nothing will bring these days back. Cherish every second.
In Him,
E

Shonni said...

What a precious post for me today! I feel over my head right now with different things, and I so want to love HIM by serving THEM...but some days are hard and long...
but I don’t want to miss them growing up either!!!
Thank you for sharing!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

OK so you must have been in our home today. Seriously....today was our first day....and I did really well until.....well you know.....and then I got stressed. Had to ask for forgiveness, and well my children are soo wonderful they said mom it's ok we know sometimes it is hard work. I mean who's children say that? Thank God they are mine. Love me warts and all. I totally want to remember that all toooo soon these days will be in the past. Of course in my heart- I just want to keep having more :) children.

Dana said...

I LOVE that song!! Its one of those that is on my "Listen to On THOSE Days" list. And its one that God has led me to sing so many times. Love it. :o)
And love the baby and the sling. How peaceful and sweet he looks close to his mommas heart!