Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A New Heart...


What I'm claiming for Connor~ for the sake of the Kingdom!!
God is able!


"'For here's what I'm going to do: I'm going to take you out of these countries, gather you from all over, and bring you back to your own land. I'll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You'll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!

Ezekiel 36:25-28 (The Message)
 
 
Although we were greatly encouraged by Connor's breakthrough we also knew that kids with a past of trauma take 1 step forward and 5 steps back. So we prepared ourselves. However, I will admit that there was this part of me that thought just maybe that breakthrough was the pivotal moment for Connor we've all been waiting for. That he would, from that day on, only move in a forward direction. I hoped so with all that was in me. So when the downward spiral happened it burst my bubble (so to speak) and hit me hard. Now after several days of walking thru the muck and mire with Connor I find myself feeling defeated and losing that grain of hope I gained last week.


BUT GOD!

He promises me that He will do what we think is next to impossible. He will give Connor a heart that is God-willed, not self-willed. He will make it possible for Connor to obey and to live the way God commands
.

HALLELUJAH!!

It's God's problem....not mine.
 My job is to keep on lovin', training, nurturing and keeping on.
 God will do the rest.

Whew!


I'm so glad He clarified that for me.... yet again! LOL!
Hanging on to HIM with all I am and my new mantra:
GOD IS ABLE! GOD IS ABLE! GOD IS ABLE! :)

4 comments:

Acceptance with Joy said...

I"ll claim it with you - for COnnor and for my Missy. I'm in the trenches with you. What a day I've had!! Actually, I've had quite a week with her... but today took the cake.

Thank the Lord He gives us the promises.

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Amen!!! I will also be claiming this for Connor's life. I have spent enough time on that path to know what a difficult journey it can be to parent a child from such brokenness. But our God can change any heart and heal any hurt. Yes, God is able!

I'll be praying that God will give you patience and wisdom and strength as you parent Connor and your other children.

God Bless,
Kathie

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

PRAYING WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tereasa said...

God bless your precious heart. I claim it for Conner and Abby, too.