Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Could have been worse...



My heart is pounding out of my chest right now. We were notified about 1 1/2 hours ago that my dad was in an accident and taken to a local hospital. My dad drives a big 18 wheeler for a living. This is a picture of the accident scene. Apparently the accident happened at 9:59 am! How could it take that long for them to contact us?! I've only spoken with my dad briefly but it seems the high winds blew his truck over as he was going around a corner. He had the window down and his arm was out the window so when the truck went over it landed on his arm. He was pinned under the truck and he was certain he was going to lose his hand. Thank God that he didn't. He is in pretty rough condition but it could have been worse. Thank God that my dad is alive!! He'll be the first to tell you he is a tough, old bird but this one was too close a call for comfort. His arm and head are pretty messed up, he has stitches, staples, lots of bandages, bruises, scratches and lots and lots of pain but I am rejoicing that I get to hug his neck and tell him again just how much I love him!

What about you? Have you told your loved ones what they mean to you today? Have you told them how much you loved them today? Please don't wait. Say those words. Share your heart, we never know when it will be our last opportunity. 

2 comments:

Dana said...

WOW!! I think I heard about this accident on the news... was it on 81!?!

Praying tons for your dad.. and thanks for the reminder to tell my loved ones how awesome they are!!

Tereasa said...

Yikes. Glad he's ok.