Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sacrificial Love...

My dear friend, Dana and I, were able to get together earlier this week and share our hearts with one another in regards to our RAD children. It is such a tremendous blessing to speak transparently about our concerns, fears, and struggles without fear of judgement. Anyways, while talking she spoke this truth to my heart...."loving these kids is true sacrificial love." I don't know why I never saw it like that before, but she is absolutely right! Pouring your heart and soul into someone without reciprocation or appreciation is the hardest thing I've ever done. Honestly, it hurts...deeply....it's beyond frustrating.....and many days it feels like failure is written on my forehead for everyone to read.

Sacrificial love...that's the love God had for us when we weren't interested in Him and yet, He did not give up! When I continue to struggle and strain against His will and direction and He allows it and still loves me with tenderness...that's sacrificial love. When He pours out the blessings and I am quick to complain and rant about things and yet He still gives....that's sacrificial love. When I commit the same stupid sin I've already done countless times before and He forgives, yet again....that's sacrificial love.

I'm humbled that He felt that I was worthy enough for such a high calling. I'm ashamed that I've seen it as more a curse than a blessing for all these years. I'm amazed that He felt I could do this job (by His power!) and do it with excellence when most days I feel like such a weak and needy failure.

Sacrificial love is something I never thought I'd be interested in participating in which is why He didn't give me a choice. LOL! I am definately seeing things from a new perspective after this timely truth spoken at just the right time to my hurting heart.
Thank you Dana!!
And thank you Lord for friends who speak Your Truth to me!
 I am truly blessed!!

3 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

LOVE this outlook!!! I think I would have gone off the deep end if it weren't for this perspective. After our blessing.....turned into a what.....turned into are you serious....turned into concern....turned into oh- RAD. Yeah- perspective is everything! Knowing that God is the ONLY way to make it through- changes you.

Thank you for the reminder!! :)

Debbie said...

You've given me lots to think about in this post. I know God is taking us places that I do not feel equipped to handle but I know that He is the one calling us and He will give us what we need to handle it.
Friends that speak the truth in every situation are priceless friends. Sometimes I need my friend to tell me like it is when I'm clouded. So glad you have Dana to talk to about your RAD kids.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who needs to desperately hear this. Thank you for posting this.