Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, January 13, 2011

Perfect Recipe for a chilly day...

Pasta e Fagioli Soup

1 lb. ground turkey
1 carrot
1 small onion
1 celery stalk
2 gloves garlic

In a large stock pot, brown turkey and veggies. When meat is no longer pink add:
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
5-6 cups veggie broth (I use chicken)
2 15 oz cans great northern beans (can mash one can)
1 15 oz kidney beans or black beans (or both!)
1 tsp thyme
1 Tbsp basil
2 bay leaves
 (I don't add the 3 above spices, I only add Mrs. Dash)
Simmer over medium heat, covered, for 20 minutes.
Can add 1 cup pasta if desired then simmer additional 6-8 minutes

This is very similar to Olive G*rden's version but I like mine better. :)

I usually double or triple the recipe so we have leftovers. This goes really fast around here!
Even my self-proclaimed soup hater, Sean, loves it and asks me to make it!!!
Good stuff. Try it!

0 comments: