Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, February 7, 2011

Prayers....

There is so many in need just in my little neck of the woods. Sometimes it overwhelms me and sucks the life out of me. Sometimes I feel like I should do more, be more. Sometimes prayer doesn't seem like "enough". Most of the time, that's all I can offer...and ya know, it may seem little or not enough but in the scheme of things it is the best I can give. It is life-giving, heart-knitting, and so very, very powerful. Prayer has changed perspectives. Prayer has changed circumstances. Prayer has changed dictators. Prayer has changed democracies. But most of all and most important, prayer has changed hearts....mine and those I am praying for!!

So, will you pray with me today??

My heart is extremely heavy for all the soldiers in harm's way day in and day out. This has been brought even closer this weekend as we learned that Zachary, our oldest sons', close friend, serving in Afghanist*n, has had 3 very close calls with death in the past couple of weeks. So close in fact, that one of the missions he was to be on ended with one Sargent dead, the other in critical condition, and his close childhood friend deaf as a result of an underground explosive. The reason he was not injured? The Sargent at the last minute told him to stay at camp and fix something. He has been the target of snipers' bullets twice, so far. I know this is the reality of war and I know he knew what he was signing up for, but oh how I want to see that lanky 6 footer smiling around my table, or sitting around the campfire again. Would you please join me in covering Eric and all the other military personnel in prayers for protection and safety?

My dear, dear friend Dana is almost finished with her chemotherapy treatment. YAY!!! Would you please pray for continued health, strength and healing over her body? Seriously, I wish you all could know my Dana! She is truly the epitome of Superhero in my book!!

Last night we received a call that a home not far from Zachary's, was on fire. I'm not sure at this point, the extent of the damage but do know there were 4 fire stations there working. Of course I ask you to pray for this family, the Jones', but I also ask that you would join us in prayer to get to the bottom of the fire. You see, this is the 5th fire in this area in the last couple of months! It may be coincidence but there are too many like factors in all the fires. There is a strong consensus that it is an arsonist. All the fires are on the same side of the road and all the fires have burnt the structures (several houses, 2 businesses) completely to the ground. These are explosive fires that burn extremely hot and fast. We are praying that the fire chief can get a reading on this latest fire that will lead to answers. I'm not going to live in fear but I will say that my sons' house is on the same side of the road as the fires and actually is directly across the street from one of the buildings annihilated by a fire. We are praying protection on this mountain, both sides, and know that God has everything under control.  We trust Him!

Our mountain has seen some incredibly weird things, I'll tell ya. Do you remember several years ago when there was a madman, with an arsenal of weapons running around in our woods? How about the squatters that lived in a old box truck not far from our property? Ok, last one, do you remember the time the little's and I were walking behind our home and there was a very raggedy man standing in the trees holding a gun? Our dog stood steps from him and barked and carried on like crazy and the man never moved or flinched. I think he didn't know we saw him. He was dressed head to foot in camo and was trying to hide behind a very skinny tree but we saw him. When Sean went to check things out the man was gone. And to be honest, sometimes fear does wrap itself around my heart and squeeze but I claim Psalm 91.
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High 
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.I will say of the Lord, "he is my 
refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Surely he will save me from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover me with his feathers, and under his wings I will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be my shield and rampart.
I will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at my side,ten thousand at my right hand,
but it will not come near me.
I will only observe with my eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
If I make the Most High my dwelling -
even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall me,
no disaster will come near my tent.
For he will command his angels concerning me to guard me in all my ways;
I will not strike my foot against a stone.
I will tread upon the lion and the cobra; I will trample the great lion and the serpent.
"Because He loves me," says the Lord,
"I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."
Psalm 91

Thank you for joining with me in prayer today. How can I pray for you??

4 comments:

Beth E. said...

Oh, my goodness, that IS a lot to be dealing with! That must be some mountain y'all live on!

Praying for protection for your son and his home, and also praying for you and the rest of your family.

You know my prayer requests, friend. Thank you for being so faithful to pray for my family and me!

Hugs...

Dana said...

Thanks for all of the prayers. You are a true friend who is always there petitioning God on my behalf. I love you!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Praying with you friend!

Tina said...

Keeping you and yours in prayer. I'm sorry I haven't be checking my favorite blogs as often lately.

Love and Hugs!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfor" ~2 Corinthians 1:3