Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Big Day...

Today was a big day for Kyalynn. She had her first dental cleaning. I am just so proud of this girl! She is beyond precious and I thank God He chose me to be her momma! She did so well considering she has  huge sensory processing issues. I can't imagine having to endure the over the top stimulation of the electric brush and the tooth scaler when even the slightest loud noise can put you over the edge! She was vocal and did try to remove herself from the chair numerous times but I would lay my hand on her chest and tell her she would be fine and just look at those teeth sparkle and she'd settle down for a bit. She was very polite and each time the hygienist would ask her if she could do such and such to her teeth Kyalynn would say very loudly "no thank you!" So cute! She couldn't hack the fluoride treatment and ripped the trays out of her mouth but honestly, I don't blame her. I HATE that too! :)

They gave her a small handheld mirror to look at herself with and she was so enamored with how shiny her teeth were. LOL! She kept smiling big and saying "oh, look at the teeth" and couldn't wait to get home and show daddy. All in all, she survived, I only have a small headache, her teeth are shiny, and thank God we don't have to do that again for another 6 months! :)

1 comments:

Denise said...

I understand this post all too well! I used to hold my little sensory guy on my lap while he cried and cried. Thankfully, we had a wonderful pediatric dentist who took her special patients before and after regular hours so we didn't have to worry about him being so vocal.

I'm so glad that Kyalynn was impressed with the results. I hope your headache didn't last too long! :)