Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, March 24, 2011

My life with R.A.D....

So it's been a while since I've shared our daily life with our RAD kids.
 Things were on an upswing.
 Life was zipping on by smoothly (well, as smoothly as it can with children with trauma histories!) but this week?
SLAM!
It's just been little things here and there but today I feel like I've been broadsided by a bus.
I'll admit that everyone has been sick with the flu and I haven't had much sleep lately but today just takes the cake for over-the-top behaviors and emotions....theirs and mine!
UGH!!!
I do believe there is a Spiritual Battle raging in the Heavenlies and I am here to announce that


WE ARE THE VICTORS
WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUEORS BECAUSE CHRIST LIVES IN US
WE WILL NOT GIVE UP, SO GET BEHIND US SATAN!!!!



 But me oh my sometimes the flesh gets weak.
Sometimes the exhaustion consumes.
Sometimes that hopeless feeling seeps in.
Sometimes I wonder if I can do it one more day and then I am reminded that when I am weak, Christ is strong.
He tells me over and over and over again that I can do ALL things because He lives in me.
ALL things Lord?!
 Really?
Are you sure?
'Cause goodness gracious I'm not feeling it right now.
ALL things.
Even parent 2 R.A.D. children that I love with all I am but sometimes (ok, alot lately!) I don't like a whole bunch?
Yep, even that. Afterall, that's what I've done for you.
I know Lord, please forgive me. Oh, and Lord...please HELP!!

6 comments:

Tereasa said...

I love you! Keep the faith!

His Hands His Feet Today said...

If it makes you feel any better, this time of year is hard on SO many radishes for some reason (Feb/Mar). It WILL get better!!!!

Hugs,
Kim

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

PRAYING for you. I have been so absent from blogland, because of all our issues here at our rental. Just dropped by to say I am praying for you sweet friend.

And Samuel is sooo CUTE! Happy 1 year :)

Denise said...

I've been praying, too! We've all been sick and I've been reading but just haven't had the energy to write much. I hope that the flu has left your house, that you've gotten some sleep, and that things have returned to "normal!" :)

Love,
Denise

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Just want you to know, "You Are Not Alone". I am walking this journey right alongside of you.

So hard. But, we do know that Jesus is walking it with us, too. He will give us the strength that we need. Each and Every Day.

Hope your week is blessed!

Laurel

Debbie said...

Lifting you up in prayer. Knowing that God is there beside you even in the hardest times.