Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, March 7, 2011

My Manna For Today....

God, teach me lessons for living so I can stay the course.
Give me insight so I can do what you tell me - 
my whole life one long, obedient response.
Guide me down the road of your commandments;
I love traveling this freeway!
Give me a bent for your words of wisdom,
and not for piling up loot.
Divert my eyes from toys and trinkets,
invigorate me on the pilgrim way.
Affirm your promises to me - 
promises made to all who fear you.
Deflect the harsh words of my critics - 
but what you say is always so good.
See how hungry I am for your counsel;
preserve my life through your righteous ways!
Psalm 119:33-40 (The Message)

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

AMEN! Staying the course...

Denise said...

This is the SIXTH time in 24 hours that I've read a post or gotten an email about Psalm 119! I'm paying attention! Love this translation...