Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In the blink of an eye...


It's so hard to believe that we will have another graduate this year! That makes 2 done and 5 more to go. Not only that, but also 2 adult children as Ryan turns 18 in a couple of months.  Life really does go by in the blink of an eye! 

I can remember crying out to God in those early years of homeschooling wondering if I was doing it right, or if I was doing enough and God gave me a verse that brought relief to my troubled mind.

All your sons will be taught by the Lord,
and great will be your children's peace.
Isaiah 54:13  

I can't tell you how many times He had to bring me back to center, back to Him, to this verse. Where I fail, where the gaps are as large as the Grand Canyon in what I haven't taught, where my words have wounded, and my doubts assail.....He is there and He promises He will fill in the gaps. 

Ah...deep breath....ok...I can do this Lord....thank you.

And here I sit on the backend of 15 years of homeschooling, tears pouring down my cheeks, a smile on my face, and thankfulness in my heart for all God has done in my sons and in me! 

As I ponder these next years of homeschooling I cringe. The thought of figuring out how to teach these precious ones so they can understand and learn is daunting. The how-to's consume my waking thoughts, the planning, organizing and preparing my nights. Soon, I am overwhelmed crying out to God for help and instantly my heart zeros in on the above verse. Of course, being Lisa, I still question Him, doubt my abilities and sanity and try to find a better way. He doesn't raise His voice or look at me with disappointment. No, instead He looks at me with eyes full of love and compassion and He gently waves His arm for me to come and sit with Him, to soak Him in and that's when the peace descends on my heart. 

Yes Lord, I can trust You. Your promises are true and I've seen Your faithfulness over and over.  It's going to be ok.  After all, look at these 2 fine men that God has allowed me to partner with Him in raising up.  

Ah...deep breath....Ok....I can do this Lord....and thank YOU!!!

1 comments:

waldenbunch said...

Thanks or stopping by my blog. We are traveling a similar journey. My daughter is 22 and getting married in Oct. My son is 18 and graduating in 2 days from our homeschool. We have an older adopted daughter who is estranged from the family and her two younger siblings that we battle RAD with every day, one healing and one as empty as can be. I look forward to reading more about your family. God bless!