Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, May 9, 2011

My Superheroes...

This group of little people rock my world! My life doesn't look anything like I imagined it to be. In fact, if I was outside looking in I would not choose this life, actually, I'd run (very fast!) the other way. :)  When we brought Kyalynn home I had no skill set or life experience that would prepare me for this journey.  My preconceived notions of  my mothering techniques would quickly die and be replaced with the trial and error method. If Kyalynn sent me whirling, then we can safely say that Connor sent me spiraling into a world I never wanted to visit. LOL! My world has been shaken to the core and when the dust settled God was there. His promises are true. He has never left me. He gives me strength each day. He forgives me when I fail. (many times a day, sometimes, many times an hour!) He is patient and kind. His love never fails. Now if only I could emulate Him so much better....

Parenting these little's has been an incredible growth journey. When I look at this picture I don't see a rag tag group, all I see are superheroes! Each of them has endured, survived, prevailed and thrived. They live life at full tilt (which explains why I'm always exhausted! LOL!) and are full of joy.  They are changing and growing each day and I love watching their personalities bloom. Although life isn't always roses and sunshine, it is good. If I would have had my choice, I would have missed out....big time!! I truly couldn't imagine my life without all the rocking these 5 little's contrive in a day. LOL!

Yep, see those kids up there? They are my heroes and I couldn't be prouder of them!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Your super heroes couldn't be any more beautiful! I laughed when I read about your life looking nothing like you imagined it would. I had my life all planned out: I was going to have one blond-haired, blue-eyed girl and I'd live happily ever after in my perfectly orchestrated little life. I can just imagine the smile on God's face as I was attempting to plan my life!

Thank you for sharing your super heroes with us. I love seeing their pictures and hearing about their lives, even on the difficult days!

Love,
Denise

Christine said...

What a sweet post! Your kids are amazing and I can totally realte how they have made you grow.

Shonni said...

You said so WELL how I feel about my darlin’s also!
Beautiful!!!