Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Remarkable Creation...

 "But ask the animals what God does. They will teach you.

Or ask the birds of the air. They will tell you.

 Or speak to the earth. It will teach you.

Or let the fish of the ocean educate you.

 Are there any of those creatures that don't know

what the powerful hand of the Lord has done?

 He holds the life of every creature in his hand.

He controls the breath of every human being.
Job 12:7-10
New International Reader's Version (NIRV)


Pupa stage of a Wood Borer Bumble Bee


I think what I like best about homeschooling is learning right along side of my children. The way I teach them is with unit studies and lots of hands-on learning. Anyways, we are studying all about insects right now and I am constantly in awe of God's incredible, remarkable creation! Not only is He an amazing artist, creating creatures of every shape, size and color but He created with such specific plans on how each and every creature and flower would all inter-relate with one another. Mind blowing intricate details and yet, people say there is no creator? That we all came from formless blobs that crawled out of a cesspool and evolved?! Come on people. Open your eyes!

For instance, did you know that bees can see every color except red? Not so good when the red flowers need pollinated, huh? No worries....God's perfect plan was to create birds to see the color red and so they are the ones that pollinate those waiting red flowers. This way both the creatures have enough nectar to sustain them and the flowers to be able to reproduce.

Did you know that honey bees have designated bees that air condition the hive?? They stand near the hive opening and buzz their wings to circulate air through the hive.

Did you know that the Goliath Beetle is the largest insect and that the cicada is the loudest? How about that only the male katydid and the male cricket sing? That's right, old momma cricket doesn't even hum!

The more we study the more I am amazed at how perfectly created everything is! How blessed I am to learn and grow right beside of my little ones and be reminded again and again of this remarkable creation by an amazing Creator!

2 comments:

Denise said...

So true! I never liked science when I was in school, but I see things from a whole different perspective now, and it's become one of my favorite subjects! I'm learning more now than I ever learned in school. And, after reading your post, I just learned even more! :)
Love,
Denise

LORENA said...

oh wow, i've never seen that stage of a bee before! how interesting..


TravelDesignery.com

.