Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, September 14, 2011

W.O.F.

I spread out my hands to you;
my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
Psalm 143:6


This was my hearts cry as I headed into my Women of Faith weekend. Desperate. Thirsty. Parched. Anxious. Needy. God met me right where I was, no condemnation, no judgement...just love. The whole weekend I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit hovering over me, igniting the stadium of women into fervent praise together. I've been to many WOF events over the years but this weekend was more emotional for me than any of the other events. It's not a coincidence that the thread running through the whole event from the speakers to the special singers to the praise and worship times was that I am loved....deeply...by my Father God. I don't know why I struggle so with that thought but I do. Maybe it's because I never feel "good enough" or "deserving of His grace and love" or maybe it's because I fight my insecurities and allow them to win sometimes. Whatever the cause, Jesus is my answer! It was spoken, "you've never lived one unloved moment in your life", and I soaked that in and I will continue to return to that one sentence when life overwhelms and doubts assail me.

I could write pages and pages about the wonderful speakers and how their stories encourage me and remind me there is purpose in the pain. God WILL make something beautiful from our pain. I just love how the Bible is filled with the hapless, the weak and timid, the "least of these" and these are the very ones God raises up to do His work. It's evident that it doesn't matter who you are, what you've done or where you've been, all that matters is WHO you serve and allow to be in control of your life!

As Sheila Walsh so wonderfully said,"Father, I don't know where you are going today but I am going with you." My voice joins with her each morning as I pray, "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8

Thank you Women of Faith for blessing me, encouraging me and strengthening my faith for my journey of life!!

0 comments: