Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas around the world....

I can't write a post without a fabulous picture to go with it so here you go.....my littles ready to go on our annual "see the lights" ride. Homemade cookies, hot cocoa and jammies...nothing better! :)    (One child missed out on the extras of the cookies and cocoa. Bet you can't guess which one)

This month in school we've been studying about "Christmas Around the World". It's been fun to learn how other cultures celebrate and to hear Kyalynn trying so hard to say Merry Christmas in another language! LOL! So I thought it would be fun to share with you some of what we learned this month.
How to say Merry Christmas in:

China - Kung Hei Shing Taan (goong-hoh-sheng-tahn)
Russia - S'Rozhdestvom Khristovym (z'roh-DESHT-vohm KRIS-too-vim)
Mexico - Feliz Navidad (feh-LEES na-vee-DAHD)
Swahili (Africa) - Sikukuu ya Kuzaliwa Kristo (see-koo-koo yah koo-zah-lee-wah kree-stow)
Arabic (Saudi Arabia) - Miladun Said (mee-lah-doon sah-yeed)
France - Joyeaux Noel (Zwah-YUH noh-EHL)
Hawaii - Mele Kalikimaka (MAY-lay kah-LEE-kee MAH-kah)
Brazil - Feliz Natal (feh-LEES nah-TAHL)
Tamil (Sri Lanka) - Kirusmas Vazphuphal (KROOZ-ma FAR-too-dal)
Norway - God Jul (good yool)

Go on. Try at least one. It's fun! Oh, and just in case I don't get a chance to get back on here.....
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!




3 comments:

Denise said...

I love this! I have a cousin in Brazil who just sent me a Feliz Natal email yesterday, and a cousin in Sweden who sent a God Yul email! :)

I think I'll stick with those two; I'm not sure I could ever master the Swahili!

I love your little pajamas kiddos. I had to smile about the one who didn't get the extra privileges; I'm right there with you! lol

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Love,
Denise

Denise said...

As soon as I wrote my comment, I realized that I may be able to *pronounce* God Jul, but I apparently can't spell it! :)

Tereasa said...

Ha, ha, ha. Love the look on his face! Poor wittle guy... don't you love when you can say that about someone else's kid? :)