Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hodge Podge...

I just can't seem to find the necessary time to get all the posts brewing in my head typed out. LOL! I have no idea why I can't find some spare minutes in my 24 hour day to write something down but until this moment I haven't. So here is my hodge podge version of what's been happening on the mountaintop. Most of it is for my sake so I can remember what in the world I was doing with my time and the memories we are creating. All I know is that when I get to the end of my life I couldn't care less if I don't have two dimes to rub together, or a houseful of things to show off. As long as I have been loved by my wonderful man and my precious children I have been the richest woman on the earth!!

So without further ado....the past month (or so) in a nutshell. We do a Harvest Party every year for the little ones instead of Halloween. Some years have been just us and others have included grandparents and/or friends. This year we were so blessed to have Zack and Ericka and my parents to join in the fun. The fun includes sack races, hayride (which really is all of us piling into the back of Sean's truck sitting on leaves!), pumpkin carving, apple bobbing, relay races, stuffing scarecrows and pie eating contest. It's a blast! The picture below is of the pie eating contest. Nolan likes to take his good ole' time and enjoy each bite while the rest of us are speed eating to be crowned the "winner"! LOL!
Every Sunday now for weeks and weeks this is what our driveway looks like. Actually, we've had it where people are parked down the driveway and in the grass! 
Our son Ryan holds an Airsoft game every Sunday. It's grown from just a handful to lots of big guys running around here. It brings new meaning to "sunday dinner" as we usually prepare a big meal for all of the ravenous guys. We just love it!! I will sorely miss them when Ryan heads off to bootcamp. 
These boys are best buddies. They play so well together! I know that Samuel usually always has the pacifier in his mouth in his pictures but the boy is seriously addicted to it. LOL! We have been working on weaning him but this week he has a cold and we've flexed a bit. Hope it doesn't make it harder in the long run.

Thanksgiving was wonderful! Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday. I love having my home filled with those we love. This year my cousin and my grandma joined us which made it extra special!

Black Friday found Sean and I out on a date in the evening. Woot! Woot! No we didn't join in the shopping frenzy we were just enjoying one another uninterrupted!! Ahh...Heaven! :) Our tree is up, house decorated, and a new unit study begun on Christmas around the world. The kids have been busy creating their masterpieces to give away and I have been busy preparing Advent activities to draw each of us closer to the Reason for the Season!

Often amongst the busyness of having so many little's Sean and I will just look at one another and say, "these are the days". Sometimes it's hard to remember that these days filled with chaos, tears, laughter, exhaustion, happiness and endless activity are the days we will remember and long for when we are old and the house is quiet, but they are. I can't imagine having quiet time for myself, uninterrupted conversations, a clean house, and nothing to do. Honestly, it makes my heart skip a beat, not because of happiness and longing but because of sadness. These children in all their loud, dirty, activeness are what make my world go round! I can not thank God enough for these priceless gifts He's given me.

I am the richest woman on earth!!

3 comments:

aliciamarie911 said...

Hey there. I'm stopping by and am currently your newest follower! I love that you've adopted so many children! I've always wanted to adopt, and with my our current infertility journey, it seems we may get to adopt sooner than we had planned. :)

Blessings to you and your beautiful family!

Denise said...

Your harvest fest sounds like so much fun! I love your hay rides! :)

So happy that you had a date night!

I had a short time this week when I was home all alone, and while I appreciated the peacefulness at first, the silence felt so strange. As hard as some days are, I can't imagine this house without the kiddos and their loud, crazy ways!

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Good to get caught up with your family. Sounds like things are busy, but fun.

Love all the cars at your place on Sundays (and the guys). I so wish we had property that we could host this type of thing. My guys all love to paintball.

Your Harvest Party sounds wonderful. For many years (where we used to live) we hosted a Pumpkin Party in early October for 75-100 people. We would all wear orange. We would have a BBQ Potluck. Everyone would bring pumpkin side dishes or dessert. And, the men would have a Pumpkin Painting Contest (because it's always the moms and kids that do the craft things). After the men were done painting their pumpkins, they would be put on display and the children would vote on the best decorated (and try to guess which one their own daddy made). So much fun. So many memories.

While I still do have 6 children at home ... and my youngest is 9 ... I do so miss the craziness of life with a house full of Littles. :(

Hope your weekend is BLESSED!

Laurel