Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Monday, December 12, 2011

Impossible?

There is nothing which God cannot affect. ~ Cicero~ 

If thou knowest God, thou knowest everything is possible for God to do. ~Callimachus~

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Do you ever allow that word to escape your lips? Unfortunately, I do. Too often, to be honest. When the little things continue to pile up and become a full blown battering ram upon my soul and my spirit lags, this word assaults my thoughts and heart. Yet why? For I am a living example of how God has done the impossible in my life. Time and time again I've doubted and feared things were impossible but God never failed to make those very things possible! Why do I forget? 

I know the stories of the impossible....Noah building a huge ark.....Sarah having a child at 90 years old......Moses rescued and adopted....David fighting a huge giant of a man with just a sling and a stone....a donkey talking.....my Savior born in a stable, died on a cross, and resurrected again....Peter becoming a "Rock"....and Saul having "heart surgery" and becoming the man of faith Paul! 

In light of these truths why do my "impossibilities" seem so huge and insurmountable? I mean really, mine are nothing compared to those. It's because I take my eyes off of Him and His power. What makes my impossible possible is only one thing - GOD! Not what I can muster up in strength or ability. Not what books I can read or what website can walk me through it. Not even my pastor can do it. Only God can because as He states in His word Nothing is impossible for Him! 

"Your religious life is to be a living proof that God works impossibilities. Your religious life is to be a series of impossibilities made possible and actual by God's almighty power." Andrew Murray

So my seemingly impossibilities? All part of God's perfect plan to show His power in my life and draw others to Him. Just like His faithful servants whom I read about in His word that are utterly helpless without God. He steps in and works gloriously and changes impossible  to possible. 

Although it's part of human nature to want to be in control and direct my own steps, it's only when I lay it all down at His feet, surrender fully, and acknowledge I am nothing without Him that I am finally free from that "impossible" rut. I once again look up and know that what looks like impossibilities now are the fertile soil for God's hand to move and bring forth a harvest of possibilities!!

So very thankful my God is Elohim. (Elohim is the great name of God, signifying supreme power, sovereignty, and a covenant relationship that He is ever faithful to keep. Genesis 17:7,8)





0 comments: