Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Little Late...


We are now the parents of 2 adult sons. Ryan turned 18 two weekends ago. 18! I can still remember when the boys were just 1 & 3 and thinking those days of diapers and baby talk would never end. Sean and I married young and then began our family young because we had plans, ya'll.  We were going to give parenting our all and when they were grown we'd still be so young we could do all those things we had dreamt about.  And here we are....43 and 40 years young but with an almost 2 year old, a 3 year old, a 6 year old and 2- 9 year olds. LOL! God had other plans and honestly, I am SO THANKFUL He did!  Sure, Sean mentally tallies up in his head how old he will be now when our last child is grown but these plans...God's plans...hold significantly more "living" than what we had dreamed of.  I can't imagine if we hadn't adopted and I'd be facing an empty nest soon. Oh my, break my heart! But God knew and He graciously blessed my home with lots to keep nurturing and lovin' on. :)  

We were asked last weekend if we ever thought of adopting again. ABSOLUTELY! This past year has been more of a wild ride than we like with over-the-top RAD behaviors and a major slow-down on work for Sean but who knows what this new year will hold?! Only God knows and I trust Him completely with it. After all, His track record with me has been more than I could have ever hoped or imagined.  Just look at what He's done in my life....

2 comments:

Monika Ozdoba said...

Oh... It's wonderful! :)

Beth E. said...

Belated birthday wishes to Ryan...we've been celebrating birthdays in our family, too!