Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No Nonsense...

Yes that pretty much sums up my girl, Miss Kyalynn! LOL! It's been awhile since I've posted about her progress. We are so proud of her! She is doing amazingly well and we are thankful that God continues to do His work in her life. She is truly a diamond in the rough. Many would overlook her value because it takes time to draw her out and you must dig deep to reveal how precious and beautiful this rare diamond is! 


For those of you new to our little corner of blog world let me give you a brief synopsis of where she was not too awful long ago. Our girl was diagnosed with autism around age 3. It blew us away. She is also deaf in one ear, hard of hearing in the other. Anyhow, by age 5 she only could say a couple of words and spent most of her time screaming to communicate. We put all of the little's on a GF/CF diet when she was about 6 years old and miraculously, she began talking in 2-3 word sentences. I can't even put into words what that was like...to hear your daughter talking after all those years!! It was still very primitive and raw but at least it was progress. Praise God!

 Fast forward to these days and you will see a happy little girl. She is smart as a whip but still struggles to communicate all that she knows and understands but doesn't give up easily. She knows what she wants and does her best to let you know what that is. I can't imagine how frustrating that would be to have something to say and just not have the words to say it. :(  I've mentioned before that she has a Magna Doodle and we call it her "talking board". At first she'd just use it to write words or draw pictures. Now, this smart little girl uses it as another tool to communicate with us! If she thinks I'm not understanding her she will go write it down and bring me her talking board. You should see her smile when I finally understand what she was trying to ask or say. Priceless! :) 

Here she is with her "talking board". This is what she had written....
Thank you God for friends family and sit and pray
Thank you God for fun time
Thank you so very much letters
Thank you God for fun
Amen

What I LOVE about this little note is how she realizes and is so very thankful for the letters (words) that she uses to communicate.  Something we so often overlook in our prayers because we don't have to fight to talk.


But don't you worry, this little girl is no pushover. She is adamant about what she wants and will try her best to get you to agree. LOL! I often say it's so good God put us together because we bring out the best in each other. She's made me a much stronger person and I've made her learn how to take things in stride. I've learned when to push her and when to ease off. She needs that in her life. It helps her to be the best she can be! I never knew what I was missing in my life until she came into my world. She has helped me to be the person I am today. Together, we make a great team!! 

My precious, priceless diamond....Kyalynn Da Seul!!

2 comments:

-stephanie- said...

Her sweet little doll face and that beautiful name makes me think that she could be an American Girl doll.
What an awesome girl. :o)

Denise said...

This post brought tears to my eyes! I am so drawn to the "diamond in the rough" kiddos; there's something very special about them and what a blessing when you spend the time to get to know them.

I can't believe how much Kyalynn wrote on her talking board! What sweet words, too.

Thank you for sharing your sweet little girl with us!

Love,
Denise