Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, February 17, 2012

Our News....

Well, I didn't get a whole lot of comments here on the blog but I did receive phone calls, emails and texts asking what was going on. LOL!  It seems that in the past most of our "news" involved adopting another blessing and so that's what most people thought. But not this time....

Are we going to be grandparents? Nope, not yet....

So, come on already, what's the news???  :)

Ok, ok, our news is that our son Ryan has enlisted into the Army and will be shipping out on April 3rd! We are so very proud of this boy! This has been his dream and goal for quite a long time and there for several months it looked like it wasn't going to be possible. But God! He orchestrated it all and although I am not jumping up and down at the prospect of my boy not being here, I am excited that he will be defending our freedoms. He will be an excellent soldier!

Go Army!!

Now if I could just figure out some way to fit into his suitcase...a 9 week vacation sounds just about perfect. LOL!

Seriously, prayers are appreciated for our son's safety and for my momma's heart too. :)

8 comments:

Shonni said...

Ohhh, you must be so very proud!!! Praying for safety.

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is awesome!!!

THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY!!!!

Our newest treasure's first adoptive daddy was in the army :) GO ARMY!

-stephanie- said...

I tried commenting yesterday but it wouldn't let me. I would have guessed a new child either as a new mom or grandma. :o)

Awesome news about your son enlisting in the Army. Please thank him for me for wanting to defend this country. I'm so grateful to him and all those in the armed services. I will be praying.

Denise said...

I, too, tried to comment but my computer died! (Sad day! lol) I thought that your news involved a baby or a child, too!

Congratulations on your news! You must be so proud of Ryan. I'll pray for his safety.

Love,
Denise

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

TAG YOU ARE IT :)

arethesekidsallyours.blogspot.com

NeeCee said...

Congratulations, I know how proud you must be! Praying a hedge of protection around him and peace for his momma.

Debbie said...

What a proud moment for you all. Congratulations. Will be praying for his safety all along the way.

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

Let me know if you need a military mama to talk to (or email ...). My eldest son served 4 1/2 years in the Army, with 2 1/2 served in Iraq. My 2nd son is an officer in the Navy, currently at flight school in FL. So, he will be a Navy pilot within a year or two.

I couldn't be more proud of the choice that both of my sons made to serve their country.

Laurel :)