Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Power of Patience...

A patient spirit is better than a proud spirit. Ecclesiastes 7:8

     Psalm 37:7 commands us to wait patiently for God. But as busy women in a fast-paced world, many of us find that waiting quietly for God is difficult. Why? Because we are fallible human beings seeking to live according to our own timetables, not God's. In our better moments, we realize that patience is not only a virtue, but also a commandment from God.
     We human beings are impatient by nature. We know what we want, and we know exactly when we want it: NOW! But, God knows better. He has created a world that unfolds according to His plans, not our own. As believers, we must trust His wisdom and His goodness.
     God instructs us to be patient in all things. We must be patient with our families, our friends, and our friends, and our associates. We must also be patient with our Creator as He unfolds His plan for our lives. And that's as it should be. After all, think about how patient God has been with us.

Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. Psalm 62:8

Let me encourage you to continue to wait with faith. God may not perform a miracle, but He is trustworthy to touch you and make you whole where there used to be a hold. ~Lisa Whelchel~

Wisdom always waits for the right time to act, while emotion always pushes for action right now. ~Joyce Meyer~

He knows when we are spiritually ready to receive His blessings to our profit and His glory. Waiting in the sunshine of His love is what will ripen the soul. Be assured that if God waits longer than you could wish, it is only to make the blessing doubly precious. God waited four thousand years, till the fullness of time, before He sent His Son. Our times are in His hands; He will not delay one hour too long. ~Andrew Murray~

Lord, give me patience. When I am hurried, give me peace. When I am frustrated, give me perspective. When I am angry, let me turn my heart to You. Today, let me become a more patient woman, Dear Lord, as I trust in You and in Your master plan for my life. Amen.

~100 Devotions for the heart of a woman~

1 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Sooo true....and I am totally the one who wants it now :) But I am a work in progress- THANK GOD!!!!