Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Last Hurrah....

Time is ticking away and the minutes are passing way too quickly for this momma! We had a small get together for Ryan's best buddies and those dearest to his heart to gather and send him off.  It was wonderful! I think it's safe to say that Ryan has the gift of building relationships. He has loved well and is much loved in return!! And really, isn't that what we all want for our lives?!  I'll admit I've been a puddle these last couple of days. The tears hit me at such odd times...how can my baby be all grown up and going off into harm's way already?! Geesh! Tomorrow is a "just our family" lunch so we can have time to share our hearts and talk. I'm sure it will be emotional for everybody. LOL!  Then Monday he will be going with his recruiter to the main office and we will drive up early Tuesday morning to see him off. Oh my...this letting go is hard stuff! But that just means that the roots of our family relationships have been done well and our boy knows he is loved and is well prepared to face his future.  
Of course, I'm sure this is harder too because he is going off to prepare to fight and protect during war times. Clenches my heart every time I think about it.  So very glad God is in control...that's where my hope lies. 
Go Army!!

Ryan and the guys

Zack and Ryan and their great-grandpa

Ryan and cousin Doug

Boys will be boys! Wrestling on the trampoline

Ryan will miss his guitar. Sean and I spent time in his room just listening to him play one night. Oh how our home will be too silent without his music!

Ryan and Zack

Family shot with Samuel trying to get away! lol!

2 comments:

-stephanie- said...

No doubt it's sad to see him go, but please tell him that our family is so grateful for his service to our country. Praying Gods protection over him.

Beth E. said...

Letting go of our children is never an easy thing to do, but I'm sure it's even harder when they are going into the military. Please let Ryan know we appreciate his sacrifice and service to our country. We appreciate your family's sacrifice, too!

Love and prayers...