Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Friday, March 2, 2012

My Nose...

It doesn't breathe;
It doesn't smell;
It doesn't feel
So very well.

I am discouraged
With my nose:
The only thing it
Does is blows.
~Dorothy Aldis ~

This is the state of being in our home this week. SICK! Actually, the "ickies" have been here for quite some time. First Ryan, then Sean, and this past Saturday it hit Gabriella like a freight train! It wasn't but a day before Kyalynn, Nolan and Samuel succumbed to it's tyranny. :) Finally, Connor and I were hit. It's like a symphony of coughing bouncing off our walls and ceilings. I've never had 5 children sick all at one time before and then me as well. Interesting...LOL! We are surviving and I'm praying constantly that this too shall pass.......quickly!! It's funny really how each of us presents with different symptoms. Gabriella has had a very high temp most of the time so I've been giving her a cocktail of Ibuprofen and Tylenol every 4 hours and she sounds like she's coughing up a lung. Connor had stomach issues and all that entails. :) Nolan's nose is like a faucet leaking yucky colored stuff.  Kyalynn most likely has tonsillitis and Samuel is coughing, fevering and overall yuck. 

It's been a llllloooooonnnnngggg week! This momma is so very, very tired. My already non-existent sleep has been widdled down to a sliver with the countless medicine giving, temp taking, comforting and cleaning up these little ones but it's also made me even more thankful that they have a momma to do these things for them. 

I called the doctor first thing this morning to try and get all 5 kids in to be seen and they wouldn't do it. She said a 1 adult to 2 children ratio is required sooooo I picked the 2 sickest (Gabi and Kyalynn) and hopefully the others are on the upswing and won't need to see Mr. Dr. :0) Between the praying, the laying on of hands, the medicine and the lovin' I'm thinking we can't help but be on the healing swing!

Off to wipe some noses....have a blessed weekend!!

2 comments:

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

So sorry.

So not fun.

We have a couple of memories of when Papa, Mama, and multiple kids were knocked flat with the ugly flu bug all at once. Oh dear! Makes us laugh, now, but it was truly, seriously, awful.

Hope this weekend brings rest, restoration of health, relaxation, and the end of runny noses.


:) :) :)

Tereasa said...

Boo. Get well soon!