Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs
Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What I'm Going To Miss....

Ryan and Ed cooking a breakfast feast!


Ryan and my dad heading off to hike the Appalachian Trail for a few days before he leaves.


In just a few short days (11 to be exact but who's counting!) my boy will be heading off to his new adventure. Gosh my heart aches when I think about it. Truth is, I try not to think about it...at.all. I keep pushing it back into the recesses of my brain because if I dwell on it even for a brief minute I'm a puddle of tears. Of course I am happy for him, for the life God and he are making, for the excitement of being on that threshold of adventure and independence. But I'm so going to miss his long, lanky arms wrapping me in a solid hug that just makes my world "right" again. I'm going to miss the endless messes that come with being Ryan, the whirlwind of activity that surrounds him, his laugh that can't help but change a persons mood and the tender, compassionate, loving brother he is to our 5 littles.  Tears are pouring down my cheeks as I type, as reality beckons me on that my little boy is all grown up. Bittersweet I tell ya. LOL!


I could never capture who this man is in a couple of paragraphs, nor do I need to. Those who know him...love him. He just has that easy way about him that draws others in and why he has so many friends!

I'm so proud of him for following God and fulfilling his dreams. I'm so proud that he will be a soldier defending our freedoms and has been created to do this. I'm just so immensely proud of him. 
I can't wait to see him in his uniform at graduation from bootcamp. He's going to be the best looking soldier there! :) Don't worry, I'll take pictures. It's going to be a long 9 weeks for this mama hen not being able to hear his voice, laugh with him or yell at him. LOL!


I'm going to miss my house filled with his friends, hearing him play his electric guitar at midnight, seeing him and his daddy wrestling in the kitchen, eating his yummy concoctions and getting his texts telling me "u r the best!" :)

But, until he pulls out on that bus with the other young men and women embarking on this new adventure with him I am going to treasure each and every.single.second!  You see, I'm pretty certain that when he leaves that will be the last time he lives under our roof. Of course he'll come back to visit but this boy has a heart to see the world and this is only the beginning of all the adventures just waiting for him!

Godspeed Ryan. 
Our hearts go with you and may you be sheltered and protected in the palm of HIS hand.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Aww, now I'm close to tears. I don't have to know him to know what a great man of God he is. He is your son.

A friend of ours is starting his journey home in 7 days.
Will be praying for him as he departs.

Tereasa said...

Oh, sweet mama! I am so happy and so sad for you at the same time. I cannot believe that your big guys are all grown up and that your baby is two. You must be a big bundle of emotions right now! Prayin'for ya!

Mama D.'s Dozen said...

I've been right where you are ... many times over the years, with all of our big kids. 5 of the 6 have lived overseas ... from 6 months to 1 year to 3 years.

Our eldest did, actually, come home to live for awhile after his 4 1/2 year stint in the army. He was ready for some lovin' by his mama. He was ready to love on the Littles. He was ready for some home cookin'. Our kids may travel far and wide ... but we rejoice when they find their way back home for awhile. And ... actually ... all of them found their way home to live for a year or so after their first world wide adventures.

Knowing your mama's heart as he leaves to serve our country. :) My 2nd son is now an officer in the Navy, currently training to be a pilot.

Hope your weekend is BLESSED!

Laurel